Key Account Manager – Electronics
Key Account Manager – Electronics
Competitive Salary + Additional Benefits
My Client are of the UK’s leading FMCG Companies, which prides itself on consistent and solid year on year growth for the past 5 years. The business has a solid and stable base for strong development and future planning. The company pride themselves on the development of innovative products including; calculators, watches, electronic musical instruments, digital projectors and electronic cash registers
Due to growth plans, an exciting role has arisen for a Key Account Manager / Junior National Account Manager to join one of our firmly established business units. The company are the clear market leader in this business unit, so this is a fantastic opportunity for someone to showcase their Account Management skills. You will have the opportunity to manage a range of varied UK Key/National Accounts. Therefore, this will be an excellent opportunity to manage high profile accounts with the very real opportunity to progress to National Account Manager and beyond!
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Division Manager you will be expected to achieve set sales targets on both revenue and GP. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering agreed revenue and profit targets by working with their existing account base and wider sales team with an outlook to grow sales and achieve set objectives. A small element of new business development should be expected in order to meet the company’s long term plans.
- Depending on your home location, the role can be office or field/home based (working from home and visiting your account base), if field/home based you will be expected to be at the head office in North London on average1- 2 days per week. You will be working directly with your line manager, but will need also to develop close working relationships with our Sales Operations, Marketing, Credit Control and Planning personnel.
The ideal candidate:
- With proven 3 year minimum sales experience, preferably to include at least 1 year being ‘field based’ and preferably including experience selling to key multiple/national accounts, you must be aspirational, eager to learn and keen to progress within a growing business. Experience of managing accounts with a significant online presence would be an advantage.
- Must be confident and proficient in using Microsoft packages Excel and Powerpoint to a good level. Ideally you will have some additional experience in customer publications/flyers, marketing copy, specification details and can incorporate the use of product images, information and data to create effective presentations and proposals.
- You will have experience in identifying ranging and promotional opportunities in line with the overall business strategy. In your role you will be required to understand numerical reports, profit margins and customer trading terms, therefore it is essential that you have the commercial awareness/ability to analyse/understand profit calculations and return on investment.
- You must be confident, persuasive and possess excellent communication skills both written and oral. You will need to be well organised and self-motivated in order to manage your time effectively. Experienced in negotiating and be able to deliver against our strategic customer objectives. You will also be capable and experienced in submitting regular and accurate product sales forecasts.
This is not just any role, this is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to progress your career in Key/National Accounts and beyond, with very real mid/long term career opportunities within a very stable and growing business