Product Manager | Award Winning Food Ingredients Business
Our client is an award winning food ingredients business based in the West Midlands. A true leader in their category, this specialist ingredients business provides high quality products to food manufacturers all over the UK and Internationally.
The business has some very exciting plans for growth in 2018 and they are looking to add some new talent to their team.
The product Manager is a very important appointment for the business. The position has been created due to growth. It’s a new position working closely with the Sales Manager and the Directors of the business.
The position is a very intriguing mix of Product Management, Commercial, Customer Facing, NPD and Marketing.
Some of the responsibilities:
- Completing customer visits to existing and potential customers to raise the profile of the business, the products supplied and encourage development of an open supplier/customer relationship
- Product management of a new and exciting product range and responsibility for growing market share
- Technical support for product range
- Work closely with technical and marketing teams to ensure maximum impact of new product launch
- Account management of identified customers
- Identifying potential new customers via websites, industry information and prioritising their importance before approaching
- Understand the cost model for pricing of products dependant on product type, customer type competitive activity and technical sell required
- Provide quotations for supply of products based on the cost model
- Follow up quotations with customers
- Ensuring all new customers receive customer information forms and feeding back information to the finance manager
- Complete competitor analysis to understand competitive activity and products supplied. Gain information to identify their strengths and weaknesses and any product development
- Identifying the commercial and technical contacts at potential customer companies so that communication with the correct person(s) is established – update the database
- Product support to existing and potential customers
- Imputing in to the customer progress database
- Dealing with all new enquiries if commercial in a timely manner
The position will also grow in responsibility as the new product range grows.
- Food Ingredients knowledge and expertise.
- Commercial mind-set with a technical curiosity for the products.
- Confidence to be customer facing, promoting the products.
- Excellent communication skills and team work ability.
- Food qualifications would be very beneficial.
What’s on Offer
- Excellent basic + car allow + bonus + benefits.
This is a fantastic time to join an award winning business, excellent career progression will be on offer.
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Greg Carroll on 0161 833 0181.
Apply for Product Manager | Award Winning Food Ingredients Business
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly