Local Category Manager – Packaging (12 month contract)
Full Brilliance Wanted.
If you’re looking for a career that keeps you motivated, has bags of potential and puts you in a position to make a positive difference to a hugely successful business, Twinings delivers.
Reporting to the Global Category Leader, you will support the Andover factory in purchasing raw materials for the Packaging category.
Working with key stakeholders to support the development and implementation of effective and innovative packaging strategies that add value to the business will be your main responsibility. Key focus areas include driving cost savings, improving quality, managing the tender process, as well as mitigating supplier risk for the Packaging category. The ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across functions, internal team members, and site and extended stakeholders will be extremely important for your success.
Key aspects of this role include but are not limited to:
- Working with cross functional teams to develop and execute plans across the local Twinings sites aligned to business requirements
- Managing the tender process and overall contract management including preparation, pricing and negotiations via effective supplier relationship management strategies
- Developing and managing Category Supplier reviews and positioning ensuring continuous supply of quality goods and services
- Developing and implementing effective cost management programs to deliver year-on-year cost improvement
- Managing and maintaining the local spend and incumbent supplier data, price modelling, forecasting and budgeting
- Actively working with the Innovations team to support technical packaging requests
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience using the Category Management process; will have a solid understanding of price modelling; and a proven track record of success in Packaging Procurement or FMCG Raw Materials. Experience of working with cross functional teams, strong communication skills, and the ability to be a proactive team player is a must. An understanding of the commodity markets is an advantage.