Graduate Commercial Trainee | Food Manufacturer
A great new Graduate Commercial Trainee position has emerged within a highly successful food manufacturer as they look to bring in and develop the future for the business. The successful candidate will be required to have 1-2 years commercial / sales / technical experience within the food or beverage industry and be degree related with a background of Food Science (other sciences welcomed), or a business related degree due to the technical nature of the products that are sold into some of the most well-known manufacturers in the UK.
This is an 18 month programme designed to prepare you to assist in an learn about all aspects of the Sales Department and wider divisions within the business operation and value chain.
- To work within the UK sales team, gaining a full understanding of the department structure and operation.
- To learn about technical sales including aspects such as filling techniques, product preservation, packaging and container handling.
- To learn about customer accounts & portfolio management – gaining an understanding of our customers, assisting with their management and development in order to be ready to take over own customer base.
- To help develop new sales and business opportunities highlighting potential growth areas within the team.
- To learn about the customer market in which we operate, undertaking market/trend reviews and analysis and its impact on pricing proposals.
- To learn how to undertake customer presentations around our products and business, ultimately delivering these individually.
- To gain an understanding of the production operations, quality control, regulatory issues and work of the order centre and how these departments interact and compliment the work of the sales team.
- To gain an understanding of and liaise with business support departments such as controlling (pricing/costing, reporting, overheads, budget planning) and purchasing (raw materials replenishment, contracts sample procurement).
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical subject.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Technical/Sales/Commercial position or environment would be an advantage.
- A genuine focus for a career in commercial/sales environment and to be able to demonstrate a commercial awareness.
- Fluent in English with a second European language would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ingredients would be an advantage
- Have a thirst to learn and develop
What's On Offer:
£25,000 - £30,000 + package and an opportunity for great career development in a fast-paced growing food manufacturer
If you would like to apply for this position please email Alex Tye on firstname.lastname@example.org