UK Functional Graduate Programme
Are you hungry for development?
Do you have a healthy appetite for challenge?
Join the McCormick Functional Graduate Programme
Rotational Programme based in Haddenham and Littleborough
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a world-class manufacturer of flavour solutions, where you will grow your knowledge and experience through participation in our 2-year programme.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
Participating in the McCormick UK Graduate Programme provides the opportunity to build your career with a global leader in the food industry. You will participate in challenging projects, rotating across Procurement, Operations and Supply Chain to grow your experience and capability across functions and enjoy our culture based on our belief in the 'Power of People'.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong Technical or Commercial degree preferred – predicted 2:1 or above
- Demonstration of commercial acumen, desire to work in an international business and corporate environment
- Leadership potential: we are looking for talented future leaders who want to and can make a big difference to McCormick
- Demonstrated experience of working in a successful Project team, including organisation, flexibility, teamwork, prioritisation
- Able to analyse and present accurate basic statistical data to a broad range of individuals
- A strong team player, able to build effective, collaborative relationships
- A highly-driven individual, with strong learning agility, open to new challenges and happy to work with cross functional teams and cultures
- A vibrant individual, who is capable of quick decision-making, with the confidence and drive to make a positive difference to their work environment
- A graduate who is IT Savvy, particularly in Office365 environment
- Fluent English speaker and a second language would be advantageous
- Interested in a career in the food industry
WHAT WILL YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE?
- Directly owning spend categories to create a sourcing strategy and drive value
- Owning a major change project with our supply base that will make a big difference to how we manage our external spend
- Working with stakeholders across multiple functions to make a positive difference to procurement’s value add to the business – e.g. operations, logistics, marketing, finance
Plant Operations Assignment
- Working with the Operations Management team, to develop key operational and best-practice skills within the food manufacturing environment
- Experiencing the role of Team Leader from time-to-time, to help you develop and grow as an individual and attain the skills required for the next level of management
- Supporting the Team Leader in prioritizing the activities of the team, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Identifying Continuous Improvement projects and working with cross-functional teams using best-practice manufacturing techniques such as LEAN, Kaizen and SMED techniques
- Adhering to Health & Safety practices, using our behavioural safety programme ‘Dupont Safestart’ and ensuring your team operates within our ‘safe systems of work’
- Full ownership and management of a small portfolio of finished goods including planning, communication and issue resolution with supply chain, operations and the customer in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage a supply chain project working cross functionally to deliver a cost/ time benefit to the business.
- Learn and explore new systems / reports to leverage new information for the planning team.
WHO IS McCORMICK?
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and $4.6 billion in annual sales, we manufacture, market and distribute spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses, with a passion for flavour. The company has facilities in more than 50 locations in 26 countries and consumers purchase our brands in more than 150 countries and territories. In the UK McCormick leading brand is ‘Schwartz’.
Our growth starts with Yours
Grow your career and apply to join our program today at: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=55441&company=McCormick&username=