Category Manager - Top 4 Grocery Account
Our client is a leading manufacturer of Chilled products, supplying various Retail accounts and Foodservice customers. From one of their key facilities in the UK, based in the North West, they are looking to recruit a Category Manager.
- You will be involved in the diversification of the category by helping drive NPD and innovation with a range of retailer accounts – including retail and foodservice
- Reporting directly into the Category Controller, you will have extensive input into the Commercial and NPD teams to further the relationship with the accounts.
- Perform market research activity for the category to identify market shifts and trends and therefore drive category development and actions.
- Drive merchandising and in-store space planning activity.
- Work closely with the sales team to maximise performance of the core range within the retailers to ensure maximum distribution and delivery of the brand plan.
- This position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to build an outstanding career within this organisation.
- Ideally 2-5 years Category experience in FMCG, with chilled food experience essential.
- Track record of success with retailer and/or foodservice accounts is a strong desirable
- A demonstrable track record of providing retailers with category management and nurturing relationships with customers.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data from data providers such as Kantar, Dunnhumby, Nielsen, IRI etc. and presenting conclusions, recommendations and identifying trends.
- Prior experience of developing and implementing shopper marketing activity.
- The ability to develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Time management and project management skills coupled with the ability to influence others where necessary.
If you feel you have the background required and would like to hear more please call Jonathan Russell on 0113 3202430 or email your CV to Jonathan@hudsonjames.co.uk; we look forward to hearing from you.