Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager
Benefits: Company benefits include a bonus, generous holiday entitlement, private healthcare, company car and fuel card, laptop, phone and pension.
Contract type: Permanent
Bestway Wholesale is the largest privately owned food and drink wholesaler in the UK, supplying over 150,000 customers from our nationwide network of over 60 depots. We’ve achieved our success by offering the best prices, service and support to help caterers and licensees succeed for the last 40 years.
Bestway Batleys Foodservice is our division which services multiple accounts, both national and regional and is the fastest growing part of the business. Bestway Batleys Foodservice is now looking for a Contracts Accounts Manager to take our business to the next level.
Reporting into the Head of Contracts- Catering and looking after our Southern based accounts this role will be responsible for identifying and winning new business in the area whilst also accelerating growth within existing accounts by identifying opportunities to introduce products and services within your customer base.
The geographical base of the region is East Midlands down to the South East and key responsibilities of this role, amongst others, will include to:-
- To identify and nurture new regional business opportunities through to conversion via a planned targeted account approach and via networks or relationships in the licensed, foodservice and contract catering sectors across the UK.
- Set and negotiate trade terms and service levels ensuring the highest possible levels of return are achieved without compromising sustainability of relationships.
- Influence and challenge the business to ensure we have the appropriate range, price and promotional architecture to ensure we are best in class.
- Deliver against full legal and compliance frameworks such as allergen and food safety guidance and Health & Safety whilst also playing an active role in defining the CSR Agenda.
- Partner with internal operational teams and external suppliers to ensure that account execution is in line with customer expectations and set KPI’s/SLA’s.
- Work closely with trading colleagues and suppliers to ensure that supplier negotiation and rebate information is robust and up to date.
To succeed in this role you will have a solid understanding of foodservice sales operations. You’ll come to the role with experience of expertly handling formalised tendering processes as well as compiling formal tenders.
We are looking for a driven individual, adept at bringing new ideas and ways of thinking to the role backed up with the ability to drive through these new ways of working. You will be comfortable in challenging effectively, when appropriate, enjoy working cross culturally and bring a high level of business acumen and strategic awareness to the role.
Working in a collaborative manner, skillful time management will also be one of your strengths, as well as your excellent communication and networking skills.
Please note regular travel to our Head Office in Park Royal and sites throughout the region will be required.
This role offers an attractive salary and benefits package including private healthcare, company car, fuel card and a contributory pension.
For the last 40 years, we at Bestway have been passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. If you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, this is the role for you.