National Account Manager
We are currently recruiting a National Account Manager for a global leading manufacturer and processor of food products into the retail sector. You will be responsible for providing in depth account management to a small selection of retail accounts based from the the office in North West England.
Our client is a leading food manufacturer and has major processing facilities at multiple sites. They are one of the leading players within their category and are renowned for their quality ingredients and ethical sourcing.
The company's strategic objectives are based around adding value to the production process and offering high-quality, innovative food products. They are mainly focused on branded offering and have established long lasting retail relationships in the UK.
The business requires a proactive, experienced Grocery, Convenience or Discounter National Account Manager to continue the business growth and drive future sales.
This role requires the individual to be a retail expert within the sales team, reporting directly into the Commercial Controller. The role has a high level of influence and total responsibility for the designated account budget that requires extensive knowledge and account management skills to optimise the business return.
- The NAM will both understand and contribute to the development of the business's growth strategy within the designated account base.
- You will be expected to be the main day-to-day contact for your contacts, maintaining regular liaison with other account managers, as well as other internal stakeholders such as Category.
- The NAM will be seen as the key contact by the client, and as such will need to understand and be able to articulate developments in the current market and the Company's business strategy.
- The NAM will work with customers and the Supply Chain team, to understand requirements for distribution, ROS, pack size, shelf life, wastage etc.
- The NAM will drive growth in line with company strategy.
Key Skills: Senior National Account Manager
- Outstanding communication skills with customer facing experience as a National Account Executive or National Account Manager on Grocery, Convenience or Discounter accounts.
- Ideally you will have experience in a Branded businesses.
- Ability to build close relationships with key contacts to create sustainable joint business plans that deliver long term.
- The ability to analyse and deal with complex scenarios and present solutions in a simple and effective manner.
- Resilient and tenacious with the ability to work on own initiative to problem solve.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Comfortable working in a process and target driven working environment.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Located in North West England.
Competitive salary, package and long term opportunity.