International Business Development Manager- Brands & Own Label
As one of UK's fastest growing privately owned Food Businesses, our client has an impressive track record of success and an exceptionally bright future. The strategic goals are to grow through both strong organic development combined with “Smart Acquisitions” on both a UK and potential International basis. In order to achieve this they commit strong levels of investment into both NPD and Leading Edge Brand & Category solutions.
Operating within the Branded & Own Label market, their offering is both sophisticated and premium in nature and subsequently has become a real product of choice for many discerning consumers. Operating within a matrix led divisional Company structure has meant that their product offering is highly extensive whilst offering Brands with provanance & regional heritage to boot. With some of the most recognisable Brands within the Retail Space they serve, they are at the forefront of strong organic growth across several categories/product areas.
The International Business Unit is strategically aligned with the fundamentals of the UK business and International Sales has been identified as one of the key drivers for growth in the business. Strong growth means that they are now seeking to appoint an International Business Development Manager.
As the International Business Development Manager you will take accountability for all Customers outside of the UK. A key part of your role will be exceptional and on-going project management- as well as:
- Win & Managing New Business
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines.
- Deliver price increases.
- Ensure that activity supports central brand direction where applicable
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
Whilst you will be fully supported by the Sales Director to whom you report; the emphasis will very much be on you to show how you can deliver and grow the Business.
- Altough you will be dealing with Customers across the Globe. The role is very much "Desk/UK-Based". Meaning there is very little need for International Travel.
- The role is very fast-paced and dynamic in nature- however there is very little need for long-term Strategic Planning. (this has already been established)
- The role is focused around the "Now"- Making things happen, Making Sales/Deals happen.
- This in itself can bring an enormous degree of Job/Role Satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will have gained strong experience in Retailer Brand or Branded International Account Management. Additionally the client is also willing to consider dynamic Junior candidates currently working within International/Export Sales. Financial Acumen and Strong Negotiations skills are a must, as this role will test the toughest of characters.