Category Development Analyst
1 day left
- Contract Type
Category Development Analyst
Role: Category Development Analyst
Location: Kings Hill Kent, United Kingdom
Just 15 minutes from the M25 and voted 9th in The Telegraph’s Britain's top 20 places to raise a family.
Closing Date: 24th September 2017
Leading the world in essentials for a better life. That's what we are all about.
Kimberly-Clark seeks original thinkers to create solutions for our consumers
Employees are our most valued resource and are at the centre of everything we do. Their talent, diversity and commitment are crucial to our innovation and success.
We recruit great people. Our trusted brands are an indispensable part of life for nearly one-quarter of the world's population. To maintain this trust and pioneer new products, we seek people who share our passion for excellence, teamwork and original thinking.
Billions worldwide choose our products to make a positive difference in their lives. That's a big responsibility and one we all take seriously.
* In business for almost 50 years
* Nearly one-quarter of the world's population purchase our products every day
* With brands like Andrex, Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 brand share in 80 countries
As a Bloomberg best UK Employer 2016 and a global organisation we are able to offer exceptional career development opportunities all around the world. As a result of our continued success we are now seeking a Category Development Analyst to work within our UK based Category Team.
As a Category Development Analyst/Executive you will be an intergral part of the KC Sales function.
You will develop and execute category initiatives aligned to the category vision within key retail partners by engaging and building relationships with key retailers and influencing them to implement category initiatives.
You will work cross-functionally with sales and marketing to ensure alignment of recommendations to drive profitable growth for the retailer and Kimberly-Clark.
* To support the development of Category Strategies and influence retailers to implement recommendations tailored to their specific needs
* To develop and deliver effective external category selling stories, tailored by customer as required, to support new category growth initiatives with key customers
* To develop and agree activation plans for key initiatives including merchandising and promotion recommendations
* To monitor, evaluate & communicate changes in category, customer dynamics and competitor activities and recommend actions to address issues and opportunities affecting the category and/or KC brands
* To recommend actions to address category and/or Kimberly-Clark issues through influencing retailer partners
* To utilise data software such as Neilson and Kantar to gain consumer insights / shopper insight
* To analyse consumer behaviours and communicate these to the Category Team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Degree-level educated or equivalent (ideally possess a sales/marketing or business focused degree)
* Prior experience of building relationships and presenting recommendations in an influential and persuasive manner
* Experience of working in a pro-active, highly collaborative environment
* Experience of working with numbers
* Ideally experience in a category/commercial role or closely related field with multiple business exposure.
* Experience working within UK FMCG market would be an advantage
* The right or ability to obtain the right to work in the UK. This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role.
* Fluent spoken and written English commensurate with the role.
* Highly numerate
* Excellent analytical skills
* Strong communication skills
* Outstanding interpersonal / collaborative skills
* Comfortable working in a high pressured environment
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES/ KEY BEHAVIOURS
* Strong Influencing and leadership skills
* Results oriented
* Innovative solution development and problem solving
* Self-motivated and assertive with internal and external contacts
* Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
* Experience of successfully creating and maintaining business relationships
* Experience of persuasively presenting strategic recommendations
* Ability to influence behaviours cross-functionally and at all business levels
Come join us!
At Kimberly-Clark UK, we know how hard our employees work and the contributions they make to our business. As such we offer attractive packages that not only include some fantastic benefits such as performance related bonus, contributory pension scheme with life assurance, private healthcare, 25 days' annual holiday but also a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to tailor your choices to suit your needs (share scheme, dental insurance, gym membership, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, dining cards and health screening are just some to mention).
Kimberly Clark are a premium branded FMCG, voted Bloomberg Best UK Employer 2016 because of our family friendly ethos with agile working hours. In some sites we even have half day Friday’s in the summer months and on site fitness classes such as yoga, pilates and Zumba!!
Our modern Kings Hill office is just 15 minutes from the M25 with free onsite parking and plenty of local amenities including orchards for running and cycling, onsite showers, a variety of social and sporting clubs and an onsite subsidised restaurant which is exclusive to KC staff.
More details about our idyllic Kings Hill location;
Britain's top 20 places to raise a family: http://bit.ly/2lp34sj
Live, Work and Play at Kings Hill: http://bit.ly/2lpRsFn
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
KC are a sponsor of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation Good Recruitment Campaign
*Please note that this role will remain advertised internally until an offer of employment has been made.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the roles country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role.
United Kingdom- Kings Hill