Market Strategy and Planning Manager (MS&P)
A rare opportunity has arisen in the FMCG/ Consumer Goods world in the North West! Signature Career Management is partnered with a North West based Consumer Goods business who have a global presence and as their business grows, they are now looking to appoint an individual into a newly created Market Strategy and Sales Planning role (MS&P).
If you have a broad commercial skill base and looking for a new challenging adventure, having operated in either FMCG, Consumer Durables or Retail, you may need to look no further!
Based in the North West, this FMCG/ Consumer Goods business has a strong heritage and operate in a mature and established category which is evolving. The business operate globally and through various channels in a pacey, unique environment.
As Market Strategy and Planning Manager you will act as the lynch pin between Sales, Marketing and NPD, creating a bridge between departments to create real brand awareness and translate into a measurable sales plan.
- Take a holistic view point to develop new marketing/ sales initiatives
- Work closely with the Marketing and NPD teams to understand how viable each campaign will be in different sales channels
- Review market data, communicating your insights to the wider business
- Review sales and retail strategies to understand areas of maximisation, POS opportunities, trade marketing opportunities, areas to generate greater forecasting etc.
- Space and range planning recommendations, range rationalisation
- Focused on long term sales growth
- Generate ideas/ strategy for new customer acquisition
- Visit customers alongside the sales team
As well as an evolving category, this is an evolving role as it’s been newly created. Successful candidates will need to be adaptable to change, able to handle ambiguity and have the following experience/ attributes:
- Operated in a broad commercial (sales/ marketing/ customer insight) role or operated in a variety of these mentioned areas throughout your career within FMCG or wider consumer goods
- Retailer facing experience, with strong presentation and influencing skills
- Strategic, able to take a holistic view point
- Creative able to think up new initiatives and ‘outside the box’
- Proactive, a self-starter who is able to work in a forward thinking, driven and autonomous environment
- Puts the customer first, seeks out consumer insight
- Numerate, able to interpret data
- Strong communication skills and a strong character
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note Signature Career Management is acting as an employment agency.