Business Development Manager | Premium Meat Products
Our client is a successful food manufacturing business. They are well-known in the industry for their superior products and excellent customer service. They supply Michelin Star restaurants and 5 Star hotels across the whole of the UK.
The business has been experiencing a period of growth and investing significantly in their facilities as a result they are on the lookout for some top talent for their team.
Business Development Manager (South East)
Foodservice – End User Customers
To deliver business growth identifying and securing new customers, understanding our customers' needs to add value to them, presenting the products as best possible to achieve new sales and customer networking to identify new business opportunities and build strong relationships.
- Development of new business, actively pursuing new sales opportunities, developing a client base and following up leads to deliver business targets.
- Maximise all sales opportunities with existing client base, continue to provide excellent service and support, to build strong relationships and open doors to more (and bigger) sales.
- Regular contact with clients, advising on forthcoming product developments, sending relevant information such as brochures, discussing special promotions, negotiating terms and concluding sales.
- Negotiate variations in price, delivery and specifications within agreed authority levels.
- Gathering customer information to ensure a full understanding of their business requirements whilst monitoring satisfaction and loyalty through regular customer visits.
- Work with the wider sales team on a weekly and monthly basis to share information and plan telephone calling and customer visit schedules.
- Cold call as appropriate within the assigned market and geographical area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Liaise with Tele Sales team about customers, ‘special’s/Up Sell and the day to day running of the accounts.
- Regular communication with the Telesales Team Leader, Head of Sales and Sales & Business Development Director regarding sales and business development issues.
- Participate in planning strategies, approaches and pitches- working with the wider sales team and relevant functions to share ideas and develop proposals that meet the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in effectively pricing the product range and service, understanding marketplace factors, selling at the agreed minimum overall client net margin and attaining all margin targets.
- Present new products to prospective and current customers and aim to enhance all relationships to maximise sales value.
- Develop excellent product knowledge and ensure regular cross training with NPD, Production, Technical, Marketing & Admin to ensure good knowledge of new products and innovations.
- Forecast and monitor sales targets, supporting members of the team and ensuring they are attained.
- Maintaining all required records and providing ad hoc reports as and when required.
- Participation in the preparation of budget reports and reforecast report.
- Communicate credibly, internally and externally, representing the brand at demonstrations, meetings and trade events.
- Attain new potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network of contacts.
- Working with the wider team ensuring that all sales activity is delivered ethically and in support of our Business Strategy and Mission Statement.
- Develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of our competitors and products within the industry and communicating relevant information to the Head of Sales.
- Meat or premium foods background and knowledge.
- Passion for the food industry and sales.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Foodservice end user customer knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What’s on Offer
- £40-45k + travel expenses + bonus + benefits.
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Greg Carroll on 0161 833 0181.