Caterers Choice - Inventory and Demand Planner
Inventory and Demand Planner – FMCG
Competitive Basic Salary
Huddersfield – West Yorkshire
Caterers Choice is a leading importer and trader of canned goods and ambient products into the UK market for foodservice, manufacturing and retail. Their head office in West Yorkshire is home to their technical and test kitchen facilities and is the base for their UK sales and marketing teams and administrative functions.
Due to their continued growth they are now seeking an Inventory and Demand Planner to join their busy West Yorkshire team. Reporting into the Buying Manager you will monitor stock availability to maximise optimal stock levels liaising closely with the sales team and shipping team.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Analysing data to understand seasonal and promotional trends and forecast inventory accordingly.
- Ensuring that optimal levels of stock are maintained based on demand.
- Advising when shipments need to be expedited or delayed dependant on demand.
- Raising Purchase Orders.
- Liaising with external warehouse to forecast stock holdings.
- Working proactively with suppliers to achieve demand and improve performance.
- Escalate issues with suppliers to the Buying Manager/Directors as required.
- Working with appropriate teams to ensure that correct strategies are applied across suppliers and products.
To be considered for this opportunity you will currently be working in a similar position in either the FMCG or retail sector. You must possess strong analytical skills and excel skills with a keen eye for detail. Whilst you will predominately work within a team environment, it is essential you are able to take your own initiative and work independently. This is a fast paced business so the ideal candidate will thrive in this type of working environment. If you think you have the right skills and attributes for this position then apply today with your CV to be considered.