- Field sales role calling on garden centres
- Large established customer base
- Good quality product range from a company with a great reputation
A privately owned, successful, agile garden products supplier with high levels of ambition. The company has a large number of established customers and a reputation for quality products and high service levels. This role replaces a Representative who has been building sales in this area for 10 years.
Home based, you will be covering an established area calling on independent garden centres and the branches of several groups. You will meet with buyers to review the sell-through of your products, agree promotional activity and sell in new lines in order to reach monthly sales targets. There will be some prospecting to identify and convert new stockists.
This is a large sales area so needs careful planning in order to get maximum value from each day. The company supports nights away from home as required and one night each week is likely.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- At least 3 years of experience as a Sales Representative, Account Manager or Area Sales Manager
- Ideally based in Lancashire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- A proven track record of ability to open new retail accounts and grow area sales turnover
- Experience dealing with independent retailers and closing sales with the decision maker
- Excellent sales skills. Able to build sales proposals, influence decisions and close
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets
A basic salary to £28,000 plus commission, company car, mobile, ipad, 22 days holiday
Name Nick Hester
Telephone 01275 813030