- Contract Type
We've not met anyone yet who doesn't love these products or have some in their kitchen. This company is fast becoming an iconic British Brand and is going from strength to strength with its delicious fantastic products.
It's now time for you to become part of the story. We are looking for a confident and detail oriented Production Planner to join their team. You will be an excellent communicator and multi-tasker with the ability to make sound decisions based on complex information.
As one of the production planners in their busy department you will support the Planning Manager and work with the team to take the department forward.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Produce a rolling 2 - 3 week plan for multiple production lines and SKUs
- Maintain adequate stock levels to customers in line with agreed ways of working.
- Input and conversion of daily production schedules.
- Measure and minimise changes to the weekly production schedule.
- Liaise with Raw materials Scheduler to ensure 100% availability of raw materials and packaging to meet the production plan.
- Maintain correct stock profile to target customer service level of 99%.
- Host a weekly planning meeting with all relevant attendees.
- Liaise with production shift managers daily ensuring most efficient running orders, minimising down times, CIPs, fat flushes and line changes.
- Effectively communicate any changes to the plan to the factory and other interested departments.
- Liaise with Engineers regarding planned maintenance of machines.
- Production of weekly KPI's to include production volume vs plan, changes to production plan, customer service levels, and rework planned vs achieved.
- Liaise with Warehouse QA regarding short shelf life and slow moving stock to minimise any potential write offs and customer shortages due to short shelf life product.
- An experienced Production Planner - from the food industry
- A strong IT systems user - Microsoft Excel is a must
- A confident communicator at all levels
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of the planning and supply chain process and experience of MRP is essential.
Interested? In the first instance contact Eleanor Nash on 0113 218 2417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk .
Apply for Production Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly