Senior Sales Manager
- Contract Type
Senior Sales Manager
- Market leading manufacturer seeking a confident and driven individual for the UK
- Autonomy and full ownership of the UK market reporting in to the USA
Details about the Client
Infantino is a leading brand for infant toys and carriers in the US; providing parents a wonderful experience at a thoughtful price. Over the last few years the brand has grown significantly offering incremental products in existing and new categories including feeding, large gear and bath. As the company continues to expand in the US and internationally they seek exceptional talent with a passion for delivering smartly-designed products for happy parenting.
Infantino specialise in the juvenile products market (birth to 12 months) predominantly, targeting the key high street retailers for each territory, including Walmart, Amazon, Mothercare, Babies R Us, Tesco and other national chains. The company manufacture out of their own factory as well as 10+ across Asia and has offices in Southern California Bentonville Arkansas, Lyon France, Hong Kong and Amsterdam.
Detailed Job Description
As the Senior Sales Manager it will be your remit to relaunch the UK business. This is a superb opportunity to take a lead role in the UK operation, design and mould it's footprint for moving forward to then build a team around you.
The growth targets are achievable at £10-15M over the next 3 years. The aim for the UK is to replicate the success the USA has seen by working closely with the key accounts/ national chains in order to gain distribution and visibility. The successful candidate will also strive to build long term relationships with the account base while maximising sales opportunities, achieving company revenue, profit and business growth objectives.
Further to account management and business development it will be crucial for you to work cross functionally, especially with the HQ in San Diego. Moreover, the successful Senior Sales Manager will hold responsibilities for the following but not limited to;
- Continue to seek out and exploit new business opportunities in the assigned region and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients / new business / new categories to meet the growth targets.
- Conduct regular analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends, provide market feedback to the relevant function of the company regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product/program ideas to meet market needs.
- Plan and support the accounts marketing activities to the agreed budgets and timescales, e.g. product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions, etc.
- Educate the key retailers around the product offering and become a full brand ambassador for the UK.
- Generate and maintain up to date item level forecasts at the customer level
The successful candidate will come from the infant/ toy/ pet or food sector. You will have deep insights of the industry and its trends, products, retail customers, markets and competitor landscape.
Furthermore it is imperative the successful candidate has the following traits;
- Credibility and confidence in front of their customers and colleagues
- Product experience with strong negotiation abilities
- A natural rapport builder
- Experience negotiating not only at buyer but also executive level
- A creative thinker who can work around obstacles and deliver improved solutions and performances
- A balanced and well-rounded individual who is likeable but can also get straight to the point
- An active listener who absorbs information and can communicate back successfully
- An individual who is interested in longevity, both in role and relationship building
- An individual who has ideally had both start up and blue-chip exposure
The personality that will suit this organisation will be confident, focused, pro-active, credible, and results-oriented with a positive mind-set. The individual will also be tolerant and well rounded, able to get along well with others and be a team-player.
What's on offer
Basic salary up to £70,000 per annum DOE + car allowance, pension and bonus.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTK13858038Z
Apply for Senior Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly