CUSTOMER LOGISTICS MANAGER
CUSTOMER LOGISTICS MANAGER
Who we are?
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance in the industry, through innovation and serving the world by making food people love.
The objective of this role is to drive the performance of General Mills’ products within one or more of the UK’s Top 5 Retailers. This role delivers this, not only by the work of the individual but also through a Customer Demand Planner who you will be responsible for managing.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with the Customer Services manager & Commercial Director to define/ shape the Supply Chain strategy relevant for your customer. Deliver that strategy through your own work and that of your direct report
- Collaborative demand planning for all base and events for your customer, having overall accountability for our supply chain KPI’s.
- Working with the commercial team and brand planner, generating base and promotional volumes for all customer promotions
- Responsible for planning and agreeing NPD launches with your customer and internally with sales
- Collaborate internally and externally with key stakeholders to achieve excellent forecast accuracy and service level to your customer
- Drive best practice and adherence to the business cycle, supporting not only the monthly but annual forecasting processes
- Always looking to improve, identifying and delivering ways to improve efficiency, eliminate waste and drive service.
- Work with other Customer Logistics Managers to ensure processes internally are standardised and improved for all for managing Customers, and supporting Customisation where required.
- Work across the business and Supply chain to support or drive ad-hoc/ improvement projects as required.
This is an exciting role within our supply chain team for someone who is looking for customer facing role; offering great scope for progression, development and an opportunity to really shape how our supply team works.
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
- Degree Qualified
- Strong analytical skills, root cause management to improve demand and supply KPIs
- Proven success in Customer Facing Demand planning role within an FMCG or Retailer environment
- Experience and knowledge of Top 6 Grocer
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with Retailer systems and processes
- Knowledge of SAP/ APO or TPM systems
- Experience of influencing stakeholders and customers to deliver change projects
What will you get from us?
- We pay competitive salaries and annual bonus
- We have a flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental and early finishes at 3pm on Friday
- We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and stretch assignments
- We invest in both your professional and personal development
At General Mills, our mission and values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfil your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills please apply now to find out more.