NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Who we are?
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance in the industry, through innovation and serving the world by making food people love.
Reporting to the Sector Controller - this role will be responsible for leading the key interface and managing relationships between General Mills UK and Emerging Channels Sector. You will be responsible for the achievement of Company sales, share and profit goals including maintaining and developing the growth of the emerging channels. This strategically important role represents an opportunity to drive General Mill’s business within a growing retail customer.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver an annual Sales plan for customers.
- Deliver and rationalize an accurate monthly demand plan.
- Develop and recommend account strategies and tactics to maximize the sales and delivery margin from the accounts under management.
- Implement an agreed promotional plan within defined investment budgets.
- Implement plans for excellent execution within the customer, liaising with key contacts within all formats of the customer.
- Generate a brand specific plan to develop the format strategy within customers to drive aggressive and profitable sales growth.
- Participate as core member of the Business Development Team, working in partnership to achieve beneficial wins for the brand.
- Evaluate promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure.
- Work in tandem with Consumer Insights to develop category review presentations to support the achievement of the Sales plan.
- Achieve specific distribution objectives by account for existing and new products.
- Provide the business with accurate demand plans by SKU on a monthly basis.
- Involved in specific project work as directed by the Sector Controller.
- Attend & contribute towards monthly team meetings.The Candidate
This is a demanding role which will require drive, ambition and enthusiasm, combined with a high level of technical skills such as selling, negotiation, forecasting and commercial awareness, as well as an ability to drive high levels of Customer intimacy. In one of the fastest growing areas within our sales business this role within General Mills, will offer the right candidate an opportunity to progress within their career.
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
- Degree calibre
- Proven successful experience at National Account Manager level within a branded FMCG business selling to convenience, discounter or wholesale for at least 1 trading cycle.
- Demonstrated understanding of category management process and awareness of how to use process to generate wins for GMUK
- Confidence and ability to develop and present compelling sales presentations.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Experience of delivering results through working in cross-functional teams.
- Exposure or understanding of consumer marketing.
What will you get from us?
- We pay competitive salaries and annual bonus
- We have a flexible, employee-focussed culture with a great work environment
- Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental and early finishes at 3pm on Friday
- We will look for ways to help you grow your skill set through cross-functional career opportunities and stretch assignments
- We invest in both your professional and personal development
At General Mills, our mission and our values are our strategy for success and our people are the key ingredients in bringing them to life. If you are ready to fulfil your potential and share your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills please apply now to find out more.