Title: Sales Representative
Region: Bristol/South Central/M4 Corridor
Sector: Agriculture, Forestry and Garden products
Salary: c£30,000 + £5,000 bonus + car
Our client is a pioneering UK based manufacturer and distributor of garden tools and accessories. A fascinating business with tremendous resources and a successful track record of supplying own-label and branded solutions to the UK horticultural market.
As a Sales Representative, you will inherit an established client base covering from Bristol, then along the M4 to West London, and then anything south down to Poole. You will be tasked with managing over 200 existing accounts. You will need to follow a set journey plan, keeping up to date with latest product launches/changes and delivering against an annual revenue target. This is more of an Account Management/Farmer type role, however new business acquisitions will be encouraged.
Typical customers include Garden Centres, Florists, Gift Shops, Garden Shops, Hardware Shops and Independent retailers.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Create and follow a journey plan that achieves the business targets
- Build trusting relationships.
- Present the benefits of stocking the brand and be proactive in winning display space
- Identify new opportunities
- Report against the area sales plan
The person for this Sales Representative role:
We are looking for an experienced field sales professional with a background in FMCG sales and someone who is keen to learn and submerge themselves into a niche, but growing industry. A proven ability to manage a sales area with regular field sales visits is crucial. In addition, we are looking for:
- Ideal candidates will be living M4 Corridor or South of that
- A dynamic individual and a self starter
- A proven track record in customer retention
- Excellent sales skills. Able to influence decisions and close for sales orders
- Great personality – positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily
- Embraces being accountable for the area performance and prioritises constantly in order to meet targets
- Possess the potential and desire to progress to a more senior role
- Due to the shape and size of the products an element of physical fitness is required
Generous performance based bonus on achievement of key objectives. Company car, fuel card, smart phone, lap-top
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response, we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file for 6 months, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine