Trainee Meat Trader
A well established food wholesaler is seeking an ambitious and passionate trainee sales trader to manage and develop existing accounts nationwide. This is a rare opportunity to establish your career within the food industry.
My client is a market leading wholesaler and distributor of meat and poultry, growing from strength to strength since their creation. With a strong international presence, they have developed into a world class supplier globally.
With a headquarters at the heart of London, they facilitate a fast working environment with great progression opportunities and career stability with a transparent corporate structure.
Working closely with food processors and retail, they are an organisation which encourages individuals to get out there and interact closely with clients. With a first class reputation, the company provides first class training to ensure that traders are at the forefront of the market and consistently deliver a first class service to clients irrespective of market fluctuations.
The Trainee Meat Trader will work alongside the Sales Trader based in the Kent office. The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Acting as a point of contact for key accounts nationwide
- Developing and growing existing accounts nationwide.
- Working closely with internal teams with regards to logistics and import
- Monitoring market conditions to identify sales margin on a daily basis
- Analysing competitor behaviour within the market and develop a thorough understanding of the market and the conditions that affect it
- Analyse and act upon stock in channel to ensure the most efficient use of working capital and minimise company exposure
- Generate and submit all reports, detailed contact reports and forecast on time and of a consistently high standard
The Trainee Meat Trader is a junior level position for a passionate individual who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, you will have:
- Experience in a sales environment (ideally food)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to adapt to change quickly
- The ability to communicate to key stakeholders
- Strong software and organisational skills,
- Strong technical ability
- Good analytical skills
The Trainee Meat Trader role offers excellent training and progression opportunities with a basic salary between 25-30k plus excellent commission structure.