The Aberdeen-Angus Breed is one of the fastest growing in the UK and is a major player in the UK and Irish Beef Sectors. The Aberdeen-Angus Cattle Society is looking for a new head to drive this already progressive and pioneering breed forward in the UK, Ireland, Europe and the rest of the world.
- To facilitate the development, promotion and success of the Breed and Brand through strategic and effective leadership
- Business and financial planning
- To develop a focused marketing and PR strategy in line with market demands
- To communicate effectively with the Membership
- To be part of the team at Pedigree House responsible for the effective administration of the Society and Pedigree Cattle Services
The successful applicant will have experience in commercial and financial management, marketing and promotion. Due to the diverse nature of this position, diplomacy and organisational plus excellent verbal and written communication skills are key. The ability to interact with a wide farmer Membership, wholesaler and retailer client base is integral to the post, as is the leadership and recognition of a loyal team at Pedigree House.
Hours required will be commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post and travelling will be required. Terms and Conditions negotiable.
A full job description is available on request. If you consider that you have the necessary skills and aptitude then please apply in writing with your details, CV and current salary, marked private and confidential to:
The President, The Aberdeen-Angus Cattle Society, Pedigree House, 6 King’s Place, Perth PH2 8AD • T: 01738 622477 • E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 4th October.