Business Manager - Export, Leeds
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our €10bn turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently looking to recruit a Business Manager - Export to join our Commercial team based at our UK head office in Leeds. In this role you will manage relationships with UK based retailers that are exporting and will also support the international business units. As Business Manager - Export you will report to the Commercial Operations & Demand Planning Director.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Managing relationships internally and externally for our UK customers that export globally
- Taking responsibility for the direct sales process, aiming at meeting or exceeding sales targets in agreement with international markets (P&L responsibility sits with the markets)
- Defining and agreeing Arla's Export route to market approach
- Aligning on strategy and approach with UK Commercial Business Units
- Taking accountability and overseeing NPD launch projects externally in addition to managing internal stakeholders
- Communicating with market based Arla teams to ensure accurate management of the forecast (volume and value)
- Acting as the main point of contact for international customers in order to provide market updates and insight
- Liaising internally and externally regarding both incident management and changes to agreed operating set up and ways of working
- Optimising routes to market to minimise costs for Arla and the customer
- Cooperating with markets to understand local commercial landscapes and using insights to identify opportunities for Arla products
- Attending customer strategy briefings and key account meetings in the international markets
- Taking monthly conference calls with Arla international Business Units
The complex nature of export, means that the successful candidate must be able to quickly understand and implement processes. At the same time the ability to build effective relationships and work autonomously are key. With strong and effective communication skills you will be able to build commitment and influence a range of stakeholders. In addition, your supply chain and technical understanding will ensure that you can quickly develop in-depth knowledge of products and sites. You will also be required to use BW and SAP so any experience on these systems would be beneficial. Please note that there will also be some international travel required as part of the role and the successful candidate will be expected to attend trade shows as well as annual joint customer meetings with the Asia Business Unit.