Key Account Manager - Alcoholic Drinks
As a rapidly expanding alcohol company moving into the major retail environment, our highly entrepreneurial client is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional Key Account Manager to head up the retail side of the sales and service team.
This is a newly created post and our client is looking for an experienced individual who is now perhaps looking to move into a more entrepreneurial business where they will be presented with a unique opportunity to exert real influence and one where they will be able to clearly see the impact they have on the growth and future development of the business.
Reporting directly to the MD, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the day to day management of existing key retail accounts (including Morrisons and Booths) and being the point of call for each retailer, together with taking ownership of the growth and development of the account
- Full accountability for the P&L of these customers and responsibility for the implementation of effective JBPs and promotional activities
- Working collaboratively with the retailers to grow revenue and profit, increasing both listings and category share
- Develop the company’s strategy to grow the number of major retail clients it supplies
- Assume responsibility for current communications/negotiations with potential new clients
- Open and lead discussions with additional potential retail customers, with a view to increasing the number of major retailer customers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Be of graduate calibre (or equivalent)
- At least 3 years’ experience of managing major grocery retail accounts
- A proven track record in the alcoholic drinks sector (although specialists in other categories are encouraged to apply)
- Highly commercial, analytical and confident in P&L management
- Be target driven and able to demonstrate a track record of exceeding targets and growing revenue within existing accounts as well as an ability to win new business
- Flexible, a team player and a first class communicator.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a young, ambitious and rapidly growing business, with a very bright future. Following recent external investment, the company’s growth is set to accelerate further, providing the opportunity for the “right” candidate to join a talented, passionate team on an exhilarating journey and to play a significant role in the future development of the business.
- Twiddle & Co. are, in this instance, providing a CV screening service on behalf of our client. Applications that satisfy the above criteria will be forwarded to our client for them to consider.
- You will be notified by Twiddle & Co. , by email, if your application has been submitted to our client within 14 days of making your application.
- Should our client wish to proceed with your application, then they will make direct contact with you within 14 days of you receiving the notification email from Twiddle & Co.
- Regrettably, neither Twiddle & Co. nor our client are able to provide feedback on individual applications. Therefore, should you not hear from Twiddle & Co. within 14 days (or our client directly within 28 days) then please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.