Jnr Business Unit Controller- (Exciting Consumer Durable Products)
Our client is a European leader within the Consumer Product market. They operated across several Category & Products areas and can be found in all of the Leading Non-Food Retail Customers. The UK business unit is well established and is experiencing High Growth; this is no small part due to the Business DNA- An exciting mix of both Long-term Strategic Planning & Make It Happen Ethos.
As part of the Long-Term Customer Development Strategy & Future Talent Mapping- they are now seeking a Jnr Business Unit Controller who has the ability to become the future Sales Director. This is where you could be make the difference.
Reporting to Group Sales Director- As the BUC you will take full P&L accountability alongside the development of medium and long-term strategic growth plans in order to deliver net profit and gross Sales targets across 2 of their highest profile customers. For 2017/2018 fiscal year this equates to a sizeable piece of the overall sales/profit of the business, hence the role is a highly challenging one.
- 30% - Leadership & Strategic Mapping
- 40% - Customer Strategy- Top to Top, Leading from the Front, Joint Business Planning
- 30% - Making Strategy Happen in the Team.
Within this remit You will have full accountability for All Senior Contacts within the Leading Customers Accounts; Involving working with key Trade Marketing Stakeholders, supporting launch of NPD, driving key events around Commercial Brand Plans.
Internally you will be challenged to deliver:
- Leadership Set the Vision/Direction
- Lead the Way
- Maintaining and build the “highly commercial” awareness throughout the Team.
Principal Accountabilities will be:
- Managing Existing Business- But also Winning New & Building New Business
- Directly Manage 2 Reports (within your Business Unit)
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions.
- Where required- Deliver price increases.
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Ensure that activity supports Central/European brand direction where applicable
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Brand plans to the Customer Base
- Ability to Network & Influence throughout the Retail Matrix Space (Supply, Marketing, Finance etc.)
Due to the growth & new business challenges within this role you will be:
- Naturally confident in dealing with peers and cross functional colleagues, as well as dealing with the Executive Board members internally and Senior Management externally
- Account Planning Process – You will own the budget process for the Account Portfolio Forecasting – driving the internal forecast for each line – using account history, account input and insight.
- Apply Category Management principals to influence the necessary strategies to deliver category/profit growth by delivery to the consumer needs
- As a Key Team member, contribute to the wider strategic agenda, effectiveness, profitability and success of the Business. Provide a Vision for others to form key customers and suppliers, trade and non-trade, securing existing business and winning new.
- Refine and implement the business strategy to ensure this maximises sustainable category growth opportunities and ensures that challenging sales, volume and profit objectives are delivered. Group expectations are to achieve over 100% Growth in certain categories over the next 1-3 Years.
The ideal candidate will have gained:
- Senior National Account Manager Expereince within the High End Consumer Durable sector
- The client is very interested candidates from the FMCG arena
- Candidates may even be at the National Account Manager Level- you must a clear leader within your Peer Group.
- Ability to manage current business whilst winning new product lines
- Ability to use and understand EPOS & Retailer Insight Data to drive a Commercial Growth Agenda
- Ability to understand and deliver a Classical Approach to National Accounts (JBP Literacy etc)
Candidates must have high levels of Commercial & Financial Acumen; as the Business is strongly “numbers/data” focused its processes and internal communications. Of course being a leading lnternational & UK Player, will mean successful candidates will have access to a strong and structured career path.