Commercial Director - Fresh Produce
Ready to get your sleeves rolled up and join a fast-paced SME? Do you want to be part of forward-thinking fresh produce business?
As recruitment partner to the business, we are hugely excited to be assisting them in the search for a Commercial Director. As a grower-owned company, sourcing sustainable products is at the heart of what they do and allows them to have a true connection to the produce that they market. The UK division, currently turning over £50m, is home to a small ‘lean and mean’ team, who have extensive experience in the fresh produce industry. They are now in search of a down to earth, pro-active Commercial Director to help take the business forward.
You will be responsible for managing the relationships and leading the negotiations with the major retailer multiples to achieve sales goals. You will work directly with the buyers of Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s and work with Category Managers for Morrison’s, Waitrose and key discounters. As Commercial Director, you will be setting the future sales strategy for the business. As it’s a small team and a hands-on role you will be required to do the account management of the major retailer multiples. Work closely with the Managing Director, you will also be helping with the overall activities of the company with the view to step up into this position in the near future.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Are you currently working or have you previously worked within the fresh produce industry?
- Have you had a minimum of 5 years’ board level strategic sales management and leadership experience?
- Do you have a solid commercial experience negotiating and selling to the major retailer multiples, particularly Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury’s?
- Are you confident in leading an agenda and working cross functionally?
- Do you think creatively and innovatively with an ambition to achieve profitable business growth in a competitive market?
This is a unique opportunity to join a high-performing, progressive business where you will be integral in their next level growth and will be able to make a real impact.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you've not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. For alternative opportunities or to register for jobs by email, please visit our website at www.newchapter.co.uk .
Apply for Commercial Director - Fresh Produce
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly