Category Manager - Chilled Food
Category Manager – Chilled Food
My client is a category leading chilled food manufacturing business with a well established reputation in the market and multiple sites across the UK. Through an unfailing commitment to high product quality, they are a leading supplier to major retailers as well as foodservice and food manufacturers with a strong pipeline of innovation. Due to recent growth, they are looking for a Category Manager who will be responsible for a leading grocer account.
- You will be involved in the diversification of the category by helping drive NPD and innovation with a range of retailer accounts – including retail and foodservice
- Reporting directly into the Category Controller, you will have extensive input into the Commercial and NPD teams to further the relationship with the accounts.
- Perform market research activity for the category to identify market shifts and trends and therefore drive category development and actions.
- Drive merchandising and in-store space planning activity.
- Work closely with the sales team to maximise performance of the core range within the retailers to ensure maximum distribution and delivery of the brand plan.
- This position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to build an outstanding career within this organisation.
- Ideally 2-5 years Category experience in FMCG, with chilled food experience essential.
- Track record of success with retailer and/or foodservice accounts is a strong desirable
- A demonstrable track record of providing retailers with category management and nurturing relationships with customers.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data from data providers such as Kantar, Dunnhumby, Nielsen, IRI etc. and presenting conclusions, recommendations and identifying trends.
- Prior experience of developing and implementing shopper marketing activity.
- The ability to develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Time management and project management skills coupled with the ability to influence others where necessary.
My client are looking to appoint ASAP so please apply with an up to date CV and details of your current salary and package