Assistant Store Manager
As Assistant Store Manager you will assist the Store Manager and other Leadership in all aspects of managing store operations and leading and developing Team Leaders and Members. Gain the knowledge and experience necessary to become Store Manager. Assume total responsibility for the store in their absence. Desire to succeed and become Store Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Consistently demonstrate and ensure the highest quality customer care; ensure Team Members are providing exceptional customer service; effectively handle customer complaints when necessary.
- Uphold and communicate store merchandising standards to Team Leaders and Team Members; regularly inspect store to assure standards are maintained at all times.
- Know and regularly visit local competition to compare pricing, merchandising, products, service and promotions.
- Ensure Team Member and customer safety at all times; immediately correct and/or report safety hazards and violations.
- Ensure Team Members are properly trained in safe work practices and procedures; ensure training is documented; provide and ensure use of applicable personal protective equipment and ergonomic devices to prevent Team Member injuries.
- Communicate regularly with Store Team Leader, Team Leaders, and Team Members regarding proper operations of the store as well as company goals and objectives.
- Ensure standards for product quality and freshness are understood and upheld by all Team Members.
- Ensure standards for cleanliness and procedures for proper sanitation and record keeping are understood and upheld by all Team Members.
- Help conduct effective regular Store meetings.
- Help conduct effective weekly or biweekly Team Leader meetings.
- Know/learn and maintain compliance of relevant regulatory rules, standards, and licenses.
- Help maintain store equipment and fixtures in good working order; ensure proper training and use of all store equipment, tools, and fixtures.
- Open and close the store as needed; assure that opening, closing, and security procedures are followed.
- Establish and maintain good community relations with neighbours.
- Ensure proper handling of Team Member injuries; properly handle customer injuries; ensure necessary paperwork is completed and submitted on time; accommodate doctor-prescribed work restrictions to limit lost time and minimise Employers Liability claims.
- Ensure communication flow between store and Regional Support Coordinators on projects and matters as needed.
- Help coordinate and supervise physical inventory process; ensure accuracy at all levels of process, and compliance with accounting standards.
- Complete reports and submit on time.
- Review and monitor scheduling, purchases, and all other expenses regularly to ensure teams' and store expenses are within budget.
- Meet with Senior Regional Leadership and Coordinators annually and as needed to review and help establish store and department sales, labor, and gross profit goals.
- Communicate goals and hold Team Leaders accountable for team goals.
REGIONAL LEADERSHIP TEAM
- Attend and participate in Store Ops and Regional Leadership meetings as required and in Store Team Leader’s absence.
- Work together with other Store Team Leaders and Coordinators to achieve regional and company goals.
- Communicate, represent and uphold Whole Foods Market values and business philosophy to customers, Team Members and vendors.
- Mentor new and less experienced Second Associate Store Team Leaders.
SUPERVISION AND TEAM LEADER & TEAM MEMBER DEVELOPMENT
- Lead by example.
- Help interview, select, hire, train, develop, counsel, and separate Team Leaders and Team Members; Help approve the selection and hiring, counselling, and separating of Team Members.
- Communicate clear and consistent expectations of all Team Leaders' and Associates' job performance; Help Team Leaders aspire to and attain ALL*STAR status.
- Help provide timely, thoughtful, and thorough Job Dialogues.
- Build and sustain a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Exemplify ideal Team Leader and Team Member behaviour and performance; know all Team Leader job duties.
- Ensure accurate completion and timely submission of all personnel paperwork.
- Acknowledge and praise outstanding performance.
- Consistently document unacceptable or sub-par performance, warnings, and counselling.
Apply for Assistant Store Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly