Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its five manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with over 3,000,000 fresh sandwiches and 250,000 salad packs every single week.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager to be based at our Head Office in Heathrow.
As a Procurement Manager you will be working in a team of 6, reporting directly to the Head of Procurement. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic Category plans to actively manage the supply base and deliver value to the Group through cost savings, quality, efficiencies and service levels.
- Utilise Category Management principles to initiate and implement strategic plans for direct and indirect categories under your control
- Initiate and manage projects to reduce the cost base of the supply chain, enhance quality and deliver innovation within the marketplace
- Manage the tendering process for categories under your authority, ensuring the negotiation and implementation of best value contracts through pricing and quality, using a variety of approaches to tender
- Develop and actively manage strategic relationships with suppliers, ensuring business requirements are understood and met and that supplier performance is measured and regularly evaluated
- Source new products/suppliers as appropriate to support the Group’s commercial offering, ensuring the necessary criteria are met in respect of production process, quality, delivery and costs
- Implementation and ongoing management of the benchmarking of materials and prices
- Work cross-functionally to ensure appropriate products, price & quality solutions are effectively sourced, implemented and sustaine
- Provide regular reporting to the Procurement Director on purchasing activity, supplier performance and market activity
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with internal stakeholders / customers. Generate insight into their motivation to effectively influence adoption of procurement strategies
- Initiate and adapt to change within the business to effectively deliver improvements in the procurement process
The ideal candidate
- A minimum of 7 years buying experience gained in either food manufacturing or with a large retailer
- Substantial experience of tendering and negotiating contracts with key suppliers
- Demonstrable planning and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complexity
- Strong customer service ethos
- Robust stakeholder management approach
In return for your time & hard work
- Circa Circa £65,000 per annum
- Car allowance
- 33 Days days annual leave per annum including Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free lunch
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation