Commercial Merchandising Manager
Do you want to work for one of UK’s most renowned premium food manufacturers?
Do you want to be instrumental in shaping a the Merchandising team, implementing procedures and helping the business significantly grow sales?
Are you able to combine a deep passion & understanding for Sales, Merchandising, NPD and Marketing with the role & responsibilities of a Commercial Merchandising Manager?
DR Newitt are currently working with a well-respected premium food manufacturer on an exciting role for a Commercial Merchandising Manager. The position will play a huge part in an exciting period of growth for the business.
We are looking for candidates with experience in food, who can consistently display a proven ability in developing sales via weekly promotions, product positioning, pricing and forecasting. You will take responsibility for executing the strategy to deliver expected volume, sales and margin results.
Manage our product range, forecasting profits and sales, optimising the sales volume and profitability through effective sales and promotional strategies.
- Manage the positioning of products based on USP, accurate market pricing and previous results, working closely with NPD Chefs to understand the products and USPs.
- Detailed planning of weekly promotions margins and pricing to maximise the AOV of each promotion and achieve the weekly targets in turnover and margin.
- Liaise with NPD, Technical and Production teams (internally or externally) to guarantee the smooth transition of projects into the factories, driving continuous improvement initiatives and optimising new product launches.
- Accurately forecast sales and work with production and stick control to ensure availability of stock.
- Manage the product range ensuring the optimisation of the current range and stock management i.e. (DRD/Trade/Export/DRD Export)
- Closely liaise with Purchasing and the Marketing team to plan and select the product offer based on seasonality and sales analysis for promotion planning.
- Liaise with NPD to benchmark and test (internally and externally) the quality and performance of all products and recommend changes to the range where required.
- Communicate and co-ordinate activities across NPD, Marketing, Sales, Production Fulfilment and Procurement to facilitate excellent product management: purchasing, product launch, marketing, sales and stock control.
- Setting and achieving the functional KPIs, budgets in accordance with the agreed programmes and targets.
- Manage the relevant information and data required for product management, marketing data (MIS) and sales data, interpreting the data monitoring performance and making recommendations for product changes.
- Participate in planning budgets, presenting sales forecasts and estimating figures for products.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the latest food trends within the industry, identifying opportunities for potential new business ideas as wee as ways to enhance existing product ranges.
What are we looking for?
- Food background with a real passion for the industry
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to forecast and drive sales
- A proven track record in merchandising
- A talented communicator and team player
You must be; Self Motivated, Highly Numerate, Results Driven, strong Communicator, an Influencer, a Negotiator, a Project Manager, Energetic and Personable.
On offer for the right candidate is the opportunity to make a real impact over the coming years.
The successful candidate can expect a market competitive salary, bonus, pension contributions & car allowance.
The position is office based in Scotland. A relocation package is on offer if need be.
If you are interested in this position or indeed any of our vacancies then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Greg Carroll on 0161 833 0181.