Area Sales Manager - North
Account / New Business Development Manager, somebody with a keen eye for detail, who would enjoy the challenge of working within a fast paced, multiple category selling environment.
Our client are a leading go-to supplier of Christmas products and Indoor Furniture products in the UK, with highly respected brands which are strongly represented in the major multiples, high street, mail order, garden centre and independent sectors. The company also supplies own-branded products to many of Britain's largest retailers.
Our client is committed to delivering operational excellence in every corner of the company, being at the forefront of innovation and putting our customers at the heart of everything they do.
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, motivated and tenacious Account / New Business Development Manager, somebody with a keen eye for detail, who would enjoy the challenge of working within a fast paced, multiple category selling environment.
Reporting into the Sales Director, the ideal candidate will be responsible for managing an existing territory of Garden Centres and Independent Retailers within the North of England - Birmingham to Newcastle, but also charged with developing the territory (upselling and cross-selling our range) and extending the customer base. The candidate will be based from home; however, they will be required to travel to Blackpool office Coventry showroom once / twice per month.
- Ideal Home Location: Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle - Central to the area
- Existing Turnover: £400k (predominantly independent garden centres)
- Experience: proven ability to on-board and retain customers, experience of selling into the Garden trade would be preferable as would previous experience selling outdoor furniture / Seasonal products
- Strong Project-Management and Organisational skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent Presentation, Communication and Customer Relationship skills
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to key clientele
- Ability to listen, adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to be an active participant in a team environment and ability to manage multiple simultaneous product categories / projects.
- Ability to grow and retain accounts, build relationships and quickly spot and communicate potential risks and issues;
- Ability to identify organisational structure and confidence to target and build new relationships.
- Self-Starter and Self-Finisher
- Positive Self Image
- Well Mannered and Courteous
- Naturally Persuasive and Tenacious
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products.
- £25,000 basic, dependent upon experience
- Bonus Scheme - Commission based on everything sold (Potential Realistic Earnings £8-10k)
- Fully expensed Company car
- Company iPad, Laptop, Mobile Phone, credit card
- 20 days annual leave
- Potential to be part of a progressive fast paced business with strong opportunities for career enhancement