Manager, Markets Transformation, Tea Programme
The Manager, Markets Transformation will be responsible for market development, stakeholder outreach and relationship management of businesses in the tea sector across Europe, India and Sri Lanka. In particular, s/he will focus on strengthening the company commitments to sourcing commodities/ingredients derived from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms, with a specific focus on the Tea sector and the management of Unilever and other global Tea accounts. In coordination with the Director s/he will further develop and implement the Tea strategy for the Markets Transformation team globally. Additionally, s/he will foster internal relationships with other Rainforest Alliance units in order to coordinate strategy development, company and stakeholder engagement activities, targeted interventions that increase impact of the tea programme, Rainforest Alliance Certified (RAC) seal use, promotion campaigns and events and will ensure continued cross-unit collaboration in the achievement of Rainforest Alliance goals and priorities.
- Work with the Director, EMEA, Markets Transformation, to define, implement, and manage the strategy for Rainforest Alliance Tea across Europe, India and Sri Lanka. Additionally, work with the global Markets Transformation team to roll out the tea strategy globally;
- Assist Markets team colleagues to implement the Markets team Tea strategy, ensuring the quality of the associated sales & marketing activities, developing & reviewing on a regular basis the project delivery and quality control protocols; providing ongoing support and education to global team members to enable consistent and sustained development of the work globally;
- Engage key Tea businesses and stakeholders across Europe as needed in order to stimulate market demand and responses to enquiries;
- Manage relationships with key Tea businesses to source and promote RAC products; guide and oversee company strategies in the use of these products, conduct training and workshops for key sales and marketing teams (with the support of the Rainforest Alliance’s Communication & Marketing team) and be the interface with other Rainforest Alliance teams to fulfil the needs of that business relationship;
- Carry out outreach activities to tea related stakeholders and companies and recruit clients;
- Lead the account management of Unilever and a number of other key global tea accounts bringing together accounts team and fostering the development of the relationship with the selected clients’ teams;
- Oversee the sales & marketing, delivery, and quality controls associated to the Participation Agreement and Corporate Advisory activities for Rainforest Alliance Tea for the designated geographies;
- Monitor and approve deliverables of consultants in designated geographies;
- Oversee the Markets Transformation work globally for Tea;
- Support the preparation of market-related fundraising proposals and the negotiation and development of service agreements with companies supporting the work of Rainforest Alliance leading to an increase of effective, targeted and funded activities on the ground;
- Serve as a spokesperson for Rainforest Alliance by engaging key opinion leaders and cultivating change agents within the industry;
- Build trust and support among select local and regional NGOs/ other stakeholders through outreach, cultivation, information sharing, dialogue and collaboration;
- Together with the Evaluation & Research, Development and Landscape & Livelihoods team develop effective and universally-applicable measurement and evaluation of risk mitigation tool for the tea sector;
- Work with the Claims, Traceability & Trademarks team in updating the tea traceability system; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Persuasiveness & negotiation: the ability to generate support for the organisation’s mission and maintain maximum results from meetings;
- Verbal expression: able to communicate complex technical messaging in clear language, adjusting use of language to audience level;
- Relationship management: able to build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Collaboration: able to work effectively with others to further the shared goals of the organization.
- University degree; preferably in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain Management or relevant field.
- 7-10 years of experience, demonstrating independent decision making in certain aspects of the organisations functions and increasing level of responsibility in business development, sales, marketing, procurement or supply chain management in food, forest, agriculture or non-profit related industries;
- Minimum 3 years working knowledge and understanding of the food and beverage and retail markets experience in the tea sector is essential;
- Professional fluency in English and preferably one additional lenguage preferred;
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and an excellent team player;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to work with minimum levels of supervision;
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Expertise in project development and evaluation is desirable;
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet;
- A passion for sustainability and the environment; understanding and experience of ethical sourcing and certification programs highly desirable; and
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 30 % of the time.
Only candidates authorised to work in the United Kingdom or the Netherlands will be considered
Send CV, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance,email@example.com. Please use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer