Business Manager | Food Retailer
JOB TITLE: Business Manager REPORTS TO: Managing Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Operations Manager - Retail Manager - Admin Manager
The business are an award winning food business who manufacturer high quality food products for retail channel. The business has a very proud history and heritage and they have successful retail outlets in the area.
The position of Business Manager is to manage the commercial aspects of the busy retail outlet and maximise growth and sales.
Following a refurb of shop front and production capabilities, the business has gone through significant change and with a solid base of long serving staff and managers, the business now requires a commercial lead to implement a strategy to maintain & improve & maintain sales & profit.
We believe there are still opportunities to grow current product areas further the local area which has a loyal customer base and a fairly high demographic level with limited direct competition.
- Maintain & Improve retail sales through use of a 5 year Sales & Marketing strategy
- Improve profitability of Catering & Retail business through provision of costing & analysis
- Establish a consumer based range & price hierarchy to deliver Sales & improved Profit
- Establish an NPD Stream around key events & timings to improve customer interest
- Protect & enhance the businesses Heritage & Reputation.
The role of Business Manager is being created to: -
- Develop create and implement a business Retail Sales & Marketing strategy based on improving profitability
- Provide a robust product & labour costing mechanism to support effective decision making
- Provide a structured approach & methodology to managing the range, price & consumer offer
- Improve the effectiveness of marketing & communication of the retail strategy
- To develop & support existing management team through change
This position requires someone energetic & enthusiastic with an understanding of consumer retail behaviour, strong commercial P&L experience and ideally a fresh food back ground. The ideal person will be open minded and will be able to empathise with a business culture that has been embedded and established in the area, whilst being confident of ability to influence attitudes to change through clarity of communication and evidence based rationale. Likely outside their expected career route or comfort zone, it will provide the opportunity to have full responsibility for their own career development and success.
Commutable to North Wales office
£35-45k + benefits.
Apply for Business Manager | Food Retailer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly