Head of Sales
- The Senior Sales Manager will lead and build on our current sales team, both strategically and in a hands-on capacity, working towards goals that have been set in alliance with the senior management team.
- The right candidate needs to be dedicated to high levels of success that push both the commercial business and the brand forward.
- The successful person must be savvy and tuned into where opportunity is and will be, being acutely aware of premium, gifting markets and forward thinking in the placement of product with new channels to consumer. Fluent in communication, they will be fast to react to clients with a proactive attitude and regular feedback to their department and the team at large.
- From day one, they will be responsible for creating and delivering a sales strategy (with support from the Strategy Consultant and Founder) that incorporates big picture thinking, the broader brand direction, and well-defined financial objectives.
They will have the ability to present ideas and pitches coherently and convincingly to potential buyers and, as the sales team grows; they will have a lot of input into hiring, individual development and its structure.
- Creating the overarching sales strategy and sales team processes, and effectively reporting directly to Business Manager on a weekly basis (progress/pipeline/P+L)
- Liaising with Operations and Fulfilment Managers around order deadlines and ensuring the whole business is up-to-speed on co-ordinating orders
- Confident in identifying and pitching to new clients
- Ensuring and maintaining good relationships with the current client base and looking for expansion opportunities
- Working with both the Marketing Manager and Events & Brand Partnerships Manager to ensure consistency in delivery and to keep aware of upcoming opportunities
- Gain support from the Marketing department to maximise sales in existing and upcoming accounts
- Managing a National Account Manager, Concession Manager and, to be hired, Junior Account Manager
- Creating a Brand Ambassador scheme for national stores
- Regular reporting with financial detail to include DAR, weekly + monthly KPIs
- Thinking creatively about how we appeal to our target demographic and convert them into short and long-term buyers
- Proactively thinking about new and unique routes to market
- Having input into future products (NPD) and taking these to relevant clients/consumers to gauge interest
- Hiring a Junior Account Manager
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Can do’ attitude, bags of drive and the passion to succeed
- Accurate, concise and engaging communication skills
- Proven track record of generating new listings and expanding ranges within existing accounts;
- A strong customer service ethic, with the integrity to always deliver on their commitments
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Numerate with first class problem solving ability
- A team player, able to effectively work with and through others.
- A valid UK driving license; this role involves visiting key customers
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills then please apply with your CV quoting reference 11/14607/7
If you do not hear back within 7 days the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. We are a specialist in the consumer sector and as such most of our vacancies require candidates with experience in the consumer market. We will therefore retain your details and contact you if we can be of some assistance to you in your search.