Sales and Marketing Director
With a heritage dating back over 200 years, my client is a globally recognised leader in textile distribution. The business has some leading product brands within their portfolio and they are renowned for delivering world class customer service. The business has gone through a number of changes over the last two years and they are now looking to appoint a new Sales and Marketing Director into the team.
The business operates in number of different markets, one of those being Hospitality where they have key business relationships with major hotel groups. These relationships co-exist and work alongside the Laundry market, which is a key area of growth for the business. The Sales Director will be responsible for leveraging these relationships to help promote and grow the business with the sales team. The role will need someone that can lead from the front and who understands the customer base which will allow the successful hire to hit the ground running.
Reporting directly into the Group Managing Director, this is a crucial appointment for the business and will form part of their senior leadership team. The role will be initially responsible for establishing and implementing the business strategy as well as other responsibilities, which include;
- Building an integrated marketing solution that will be implemented across the business.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust the marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Have an extensive understanding of modern sales techniques with the ability to cross sell/ up sell through proactive outbound sales.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Meet with key clients and maintain the relationships for the business as well as negotiating new business deals.
- Review and analyse sales performance against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will come from a sales and marketing background and ideally the Hospitality market however other industries would be considered. The role will need someone who has good attention to detail and who can liaise at a senior level. Ideally the right candidate will have 4 years or more experience in a senior leadership role and is looking for an opportunity that they can really make a difference in.