Area Sales Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Area Sales Manager to progress their career within a rapidly growing business.
My Client is the leading distributor of Parts, Accessories and Clothing to the UK and Irish cycling markets. They represent over 50 world-class brands whose products are chosen, trusted and tested by Olympic Champions, World Champions and leading athletes across each discipline of our sport. They also design and develop the UK's best-selling cycling apparel brand.
The Area Sales Manager will be Responsible for the sales to and development of business with Independent Bicycle and Outdoor retailers, to increase the company's sales, profitability and positive market profile including:
- Effectively manage the assigned area in an efficient manner to achieve the targeted turnover.
- Establish objectives for the sales calls which conform with personal and organisational sales objectives.
- Provide support to customers with the aim of increasing their turnover and product range taken by undertaking merchandising, providing staff training and participating in promotional events as required.
- Work closely with the internal sales team to meet the needs of the company and or customers.
- Make the required efforts to establish and maintain productive working relationships.
- Identify and follow through suitable new business opportunities within the geographical area.
- Ensure that any complaints are handled in accordance with organisation and customer service standards and procedures.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the company's product portfolio.
The Successful Area Sales Manager:
- Great track record of selling into independent retailers
- Strong Account Management track record
- Results oriented and independent, you must be focused on securing, retaining and growing a profitable territory
- A strong communicator with well-developed presentation, negotiation and rapport-building skills
- Passion for Cycling
The role is looking after a southern territory including London, Brighton & Guilford
£25,000 - £37,000 Basic + Uncapped Commission