Grocery Sales Controller
Location: Cambridgeshire Head Office with one day from home.
As part of a multi $bn group and one of the UK’s leading food companies, we create food and drinks with real goodness at their core. Our branded and private label foods help millions of people to enjoy tastier, healthier living.
We innovate continuously and quality, transparency and responsibility are at the heart of our business. We operate ethically, treating our employees, partners and our communities with respect.
Reporting to the Sales Director, as Sales Controller you will :
- provide strategic direction, leadership and management of the Grocery Sales Team, ensuring that all sales activities contribute towards the Company growth and profitability targets
- shape the commercial strategy and form part of the senior management team – importantly however you must also be comfortable leading by example and operating at the sharp end of FMCG
- Responsibility for 7 customers - Tesco, ASDA, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Coop, Waitrose and M&S
- Manage and develop a team of 5 National Account Managers
- Help drive Category Vision
- Build strong and effective relationships with key senior customer contacts and understanding of wider customer dynamics and trends.
- An experienced Senior National Account Manager or National Account Controller with a track record of creating joint business plans, seizing opportunities and driving business growth with top 4 grocery retailers.
- Have branded FMCG experience - food or non-food
- FMCG in major multiples biased towards UK but not necessarily food background
- Good understanding of blue chip environment but also some smaller company experience to balance
- Ability to lead and motivate your team, influence retailers at the most senior levels and achieve mutually rewarding growth plans.
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date cv in word format quoting ref number 9164/4gj
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in word format and we will call you.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details