Free Trade Area Manager
JW Lees has an exciting opportunity for a Free Trade Area Manager within Manchester City Centre. Want to be part of our growing and successful team?
It all started for us in 1828 and although we brew some delicious beers and run some magnificent pubs we know it would be nothing without great people. As a Free Trade Area Manager you’ll get the chance to shine, contribute to our success each and every day and our team will give you their full support to help you to rise to the top.
With barrels of personality and enthusiasm by the gallon, you’ll be an expert in communication and know how to work well as part of a team. Leading by example, your work ethic will set the bar high and you’ll be as interesting and exciting as our award winning ales. Ideally a professional in your field or one in the making, you’ll remain super cool under pressure and have a passion for setting and delivering outstanding and memorable customer experiences.
Want to sell great beers?
Leading with our excellent range of beers and selling a full range of alternative draught beers, bottled beers, minerals, wines and spirits in support, you would be responsible in retaining and developing an existing and diverse account base as well as winning new customers to our portfolio. As it’s a Manchester City Centre role, your customers will be both renowned and up and coming bars, restaurants, hotels and entertainment venues so you’ll need to be close to what’s happening within Manchester and what the next events and trends are.
With the assistance and support of the Sales Manager you will manage your time that best delivers the desired results. As a field based Area Manager your purpose will be to represent the integrity of JW Lees in a manner fitting to the Company everywhere you go.
We are in it to win it, so we need someone that is solution driven, can make decisions, is target driven and enjoys selling. Get people drinking and enjoying our beer, job done!
Key Responsibilities as Free Trade Area Manager:
- Taking ownership of an existing account base with the objective of retaining and developing. You will also be required to gain new business on an ongoing basis.
- Visit every existing customer at least once a month.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with all existing customers.
- Maximise profitability of every account.
- Promote the JW Lees draught product range to its full potential, supported with the sale of third party brands in appropriate accounts.
- Control accounts within agreed credit terms and ensure where the Brewery has a financial involvement all associated T&C’s are adhered to.
- Implement promotional activity to support incremental sales.
- Ensure customer concerns are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Defend accounts against competitor approaches.
- Proactively prospect for new business, achieving all sales targets.
- Represent the Company at all relevant trade events, as and when required.
- Will need to demonstrate our values well.
- Be confident, outgoing, fast paced, results orientated, structured and organised.
- You need to be a good sales person, that is motivated by closing the sale and hitting targets.
- Good listening skills are key to understanding what the customer wants and exceeding their expectations is essential.
- Team player, happy to get involved and support in other areas.
- Experience in field sales is key, however, experience in the drinks industry is desirable but not essential.
- You will need to work unsocial hours including evenings and the occasional weekend.
- Have a full, clean driving license.
Our six values run through everything we do and we’ll expect that you are…
Proud: Proud of JW Lees, Our people, Our pubs, our beers and our food.
Savvy: Understands what matters, plugged in to the world and never afraid to admit when we’ve made a mistake.
Honest: We’ll always do what we say and always be straight with each other.
Passionate: You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise you shouldn’t be doing it.
Personal: Giving the personal time and attention to every customer and team member, no-ones a number here!
Together: True team spirit, no one-upmanship, in it together for the long term, helping all to succeed.
As a key member of the JW Lees family we will promise you a competitive salary, car allowance and bonus scheme. Plus a fantastic team environment and supported development opportunities throughout your career.
Are you the Free Trade Area Manager extraordinaire we’re looking for? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
First stage Group Assessments for shortlisted candidates will take place on the afternoon of Wednesday 20th September 2017 at our Rain Bar, Manchester City Centre. (Start time, 1pm).