National Account Manager - Food Service sector
National Account Manager – Foodservice
Package: c £45k, bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, pension
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our blue-chip, $multi-billion, international food manufacturing client who is looking to recruit a National Account Manager to focus on building business within new & existing customers in the Foodservice End User sector. This will be a stimulating and challenging role, as it will manage a range of large national customers, covering NPD, promotional activity, annual negotiations, category management and full profit & loss responsibility.
- Reporting into the Head of Sales, take full Profit and Loss responsibility for performance across the sector working with major restaurant & pub groups, hotel chains etc.
- Develop and agree Joint Business Plans with customers, drive activity and monitor performance on an on-going basis
- Work closely with internal teams in Marketing, Category Management, Supply Chain, Finance and Sales to agree and implement account strategies
- Prepare and deliver an annual sales plan for a portfolio of LML Brands within customer portfolio
- Prepare annual sales plans for key end users, define key targets and core range for each sector
- Develop and recommend account tactics to maximize the sales and net profit from the accounts under management
- Implement an agreed promotional plan within defined investment budgets & evaluate promotional effectiveness to ensure the most efficient use of promotional expenditure
- Develop category review presentations to support the achievement of the Sales budget
Experience of FMCG sales into Foodservice sector including End User accounts & Wholesalers
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills are essential, coupled with strong attention to detail and highly developed planning & organising skills
- High level of numeracy
- Strong account management & business development skills
As a large international business, the opportunities for career progression are excellent.