National Account Manager – Grocery
This is a fantastic opportunity for a National Account Manager to join the UK's leading manufacturer of natural healthcare products. Our brands are recognised and sold all over the world and include RESCUE REMEDY®.
Nelson's employees play a fundamental role in the growth of the business. Nelsons strive to recruit and retain the best and we continuously invest in our staff to allow our employees to develop their skills, grow as individuals and in teams and work in a safe and professional environment.
The Purpose Of The Role
To pro-actively manage the relationships between Nelsons and their Grocery accounts and to implement long and short-term strategies that will increase sales, value & volume, sales profit, distribution, display and promotional opportunities in the relevant retail partners.
Sales and Business Planning
- Business Plan – to create and implement an annual business plan for each Grocery account, carrying out regular reviews to ensure key sales and marketing objectives are achieved
- Prepare a Joint Business Plan (JBP) in conjunction with the Key retailer teams on an annual basis
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement plans to maximise the sales
- Competitor Brands / Activity – using information from trade press and market visits keep abreast of competitor brands / products and counter as required
- Forecast – prepare value and volume forecasts by products and update on a rolling monthly basis. Liaise with the Supply Chain Organisation (SCO) on specific requests and issues
- Implement and manage the appropriate trading terms and price changes within the company guidelines
- Range – develop the optimum range of new and core product distribution in accounts, ensuring NPD is listed and launched effectively
- Maintain regular face-to-face meetings with Buying and Supply contacts. Organise and lead annual strategy meetings with key contacts
- Manage the agreed expenditure budgets for their customers and work closely with the marketing team to develop trade marketing activities
- Provide Customer P&L and ROI for each key activity in their accounts
- Work with the Customer Service team to resolve any complaints/issues.
- Work with Sales Support Executive to develop reporting on account EPOS weekly, identifying key areas for action and development
- Take ownership of sales reports
Skills / Experience
- Previous experience as a National Account Manager/ Executive within Grocery Pharmacy, FMCG
- Strong record of building and maintaining customer relationships
- Experience of setting, maintaining and achieving budgets both in turnover and in profit
- Experience of managing margins, customer profitability and sales targets
- Strong understanding of P&L’s
- Proven track record in Sales
- Classical sales training
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and account management skills