National Account Manager
Opportunity for a proven National Account Manager to join an established, recognised brand with exciting NPD. You will be wholly responsible for the strategic direction of the Convenience Channel.
If you are motivated by clever and exciting product innovation and a business that supports its team to be innovative, this is an opportunity for you. This valued led organisation is experiencing genuine growth due to its ever evolving product range, taking advantage of the boosted impulse category. They are a global player providing a clear platform for an individual to carve their long term career.
This role requires the individual to be the convenience channel expert within the sales team, reporting directly into the Commercial Director. The role has a high level of influence and total responsibility for the designated account budget that requires extensive knowledge and account management skills to optimise the business return.
- The NAM will both understand and contribute to the development of the business's growth strategy within the convenience channel including accounts such as Nisa, Booker, P&H, Co-op and Spa.
- You will be expected to be the main day-to-day contact for your accounts, maintaining regular liaison with other account managers, as well as other internal stakeholders such as Category.
- The NAM will be seen as the key contact by the clients, and as such will need to understand and be able to articulate developments in the current market and the Company's business strategy.
- The NAM will work with customers and the Supply Chain team, to understand requirements for distribution, ROS, pack size, shelf life, wastage etc.
- The NAM will drive growth in line with company strategy.
Key Skills: National Account Manager
- Outstanding communication skills with customer facing experience as a National Account Manager or Senior National Account Manager within the Grocery channel.
- You will have experience in branded FMCG ideally with exposure to confectionery, snacking or soft drinks.
- Ability to build close relationships with key contacts to create sustainable joint business plans that deliver long term.
- The ability to analyse and deal with complex scenarios and present solutions in a simple and effective manner.
- Resilient and tenacious with the ability to work on own initiative to problem solve.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Comfortable working in a process and target driven working environment.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Located in Yorkshire and the Humber.
National Account Manager offering a highly competitive package.