Senior National Account Manager - top 4 multiple grocer - food manufacturing
Senior National Account Manager – top 4 Grocery multiples
Location: Surrey / South London
Package: Excellent basic, bonus, car, private healthcare, pension
A brilliant opportunity to join a fast-growing food business who wish to recruit a Senior National Account Manager to focus on building their business with one of the top 4 grocery multiple retailers. This will be a challenging and empowering role, as it will have profit & loss responsibility incorporating the management of JBP’s, NPD, promotional activity, category management and liaison with both branded & private label marketing teams. In addition, the successful candidate will also have management responsibility for a National Account Executive.
The business is well-established in the UK & internationally covering both branded & private-label product portfolios.
- Reporting into the Business Unit Director, take full Profit and Loss responsibility for performance across the two multiple retail customers
- Develop and agree a Joint Business Plan with the customer, drive NPD and monitor performance on an on-going basis
- Work closely with internal teams in Marketing, Category Management, Supply Chain, Finance and Sales to agree and implement account strategies
- Build strong multi-level, multi-functional relationships with both major accounts, and act as a Project Manager internally to resolve issues, maximise availability and ensure world class customer service.
- Experience of managing a top 4 multiple grocery with strong understanding of JBP’s
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills are essential, coupled with strong attention to detail and highly developed planning & organising skills
- High level of numeracy plus the ability to inspire and energise internal colleagues with the customer vision
- A background in food would be ideal, but experience of non-food FMCG sales is acceptable