Territory Manager – Midlands Area
Robinson Young is the UK’s largest supplier of non-food products specialising in supplying fast moving consumer goods to all multiple retailers, cash & carries and wholesalers. We represent major manufacturers and brands across 4 specialist divisions; Household, Foodservice/Catering, Stationery and Healthcare.
We are seeking an experienced and proactive sales professional to manage our Sleek cosmetic brand business in the independent retail and wholesale sector.
The territory will cover the midlands and northern areas, bordered notably by Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Leicester with the job holder living within this area.
With full responsibility for managing the existing customer base, the position will also require the jobholder to adopt a focused and organised approach that will identify and deliver profitable new business opportunities. Success in this role has the potential for career progression to other roles within the sales team.
Duties will include:
- Achieve sales targets as allocated by Sales Director or National Account Manager
- Complete all required administrative tasks to deadlines
- Be aware of competitor activity, look for new opportunities, and maintain current ways of working
- Build excellent customer relationships
- Actively promote both new and existing products and have good product knowledge
- Be able to manage own time effectively
- PC competent
A self-starter, the successful candidate will have a proven track record in driving sales and have proficient planning, presentation and negotiation skills. Building positive relationships at a local level with a clear customer and market sector focus will be the key elements to delivering success in this role.
- Self-Motivated and Confident
- Excellent customer service
- Able to work proactively
- Excellent personal presentation
- Good communicator
- A Proven track record within the FMCG environment is desirable
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basis salary, commission package, car and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)