Class 1 HGV Driver
New opportunity not to be missed! LWC Drinks has an exciting opportunity for a Class 1 HGV Driver to join the growing team based in Manchester. The hours are job dependant and you will receive an excellent rate of pay.
Are you a professional, dedicated and experienced driver? If so, this could be the perfect position for you!
With over 7000 different product lines and similarly over 7000 on-trade customers, LWC delivers the broadest range and greatest service available in the UK drinks industry. We provide fantastic support services which enable our customers to not only maximise their sales, but also provide their own customers with a higher-quality experience. This is possible thanks to our team of 80 dedicated account managers, who can advise you on how to amplify your business potential whilst also eradicating any issues you may face.
The Class 1 HGV Driver will play a key role in delivering products to customers within a specific area in a safe and friendly manner. You will also be responsible for the care and upkeep of your designated vehicle and providing excellent customer service standards to every customer.
Key responsibilities of the Class 1 HGV Driver:
- The responsibility of preparing the vehicle by conducting operator maintenance, ensuring all customer pallets have been loaded onto the vehicle correctly and safely.
- Responsible for completing delivery notes, return sheets and collecting payments.
- Execute any special requests from customers by picking up and delivering items as directed on the delivery note or collection note authorised by the office.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping information strictly confidential regarding premise security and operational information.
- Responsibility for the checking of the drivers board for your daily schedule.
- To plan your route and requirements for the drop by studying the schedule and any requests by the customer that are on the delivery note.
- Make customers aware of any stock shortages or problems with their delivery and telephone the office to confirm.
- Responsible for returning all empty cases and kegs.
- Ensure that correct health and safety procedures are adhered to.
- To complete all required checks and ensure that check sheets are passed to the distribution manager.
- To comply with recognised VOSA & Working time guidelines and laws.
- The ability to help in the warehouse when required.
- To look presentable in the correct LWC Drinks uniform at all times.
Key skills required by the Class 1 HGV Driver:
- Good safety practices and driving habits
- Possess the correct driving license required for the vehicle
- Good communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
With excellent opportunities to develop and enhance your driving career, LWC Drinks is the place to be. Why not click apply today to become our Class 1 HGV Driver – don’t miss out on this exceptional opportunity to join the fastest growing privately owned drinks company in Britain.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.