Chief Operating Officer (COO) required for exceptional Agri-Business Investment Fund
Our Client is a London based, family office backed investment Fund with a track record of successful principal investing in agriculture and food.
Redfox has been retained to identify high calibre and exceptional individuals for the COO role within the Fund. The incumbent to the position will look after operations at the portfolio company level while also assuming broader leadership responsibilities as part of the Fund’s senior management team. As such, the candidate will be deeply involved in guiding and supporting portfolio company growth strategies, merger and acquisition integrations, development projects, cost savings initiatives, and other related work to create value for the Fund’s investors.
- Excited by the journey and challenges of scaling an international investment fund operating in the food and agricultural space
- Takes a results oriented and quantitative approach to management and operations. Possess an innate ability to learn new things quickly and simultaneously lead multiple complex projects/ strategic initiatives
- Has experience with implementing growth strategies, driving efficiency, improving and developing strong processes, and more broadly instilling operational rigor within an organization
- Objectively develops KPIs, budgets, and forecasts and actively tracks performance to these metrics
- Above all, you are a likeable, entrepreneurial, and people oriented executive who can motivate and lead diverse management teams globally
ROLE DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Ideally a background in fresh foods, agriculture and/ or FMCG on an international basis; coming from another investment fund, a strategic consulting firm, the executive team of a successful corporate, and/ or having board level experience
- A proven leader and problem solver with a track record of operational and management “wins” capable of inspiring and motivating teams
- Willingness to travel and spend significant time “on site” to support portfolio company growth and operational initiatives
- Degree educated with an MBA or other relevant advanced degree viewed favourable
As this is an entirely new position within the Fund, the individual will have flexibility to shape the role and bring their own brand of operational leadership.
Ultimately, we are looking for a highly motivated individual who will play a key part in building and operating businesses within the Fund.
Apply now for immediate consideration via this website or call Max MacGillivray for a confidential conversation on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting reference 4685M