Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Head of Procurement to join our FMCG family, a diverse, driven and dynamic company that holds a rich and prestigious production heritage within the food and drink industry. To this day, the business continue to produce products of the highest quality for customers around the world.
The main purpose for the Head of Procurement will be to continuously align and grow the value of all purchasing and procurement activities and capabilities across the Group so that profitability is increased.
- To negotiate contractual arrangements with suppliers to ensure that value for money and excellent service levels are maintained and optimised across the group;
- To monitor suppliers’ performance, ensure service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) are met;
- To work closely with NPD and ensure a swift and smooth transition between demand and customers;
- To ensure all projects are worked on harmoniously and in line with the customers’ needs and requirements.
- To ensure value for money is achieved whilst complying with statutory requirements;
- To ensure contractual compliance with Sedex;
- To carry out reviews of all key procurement actions, considering learning points to be carried forward and disseminated;
- To establish, harmonise and maintain robust procurement policies and procedures for all of the group;
- To champion the benefits to all colleagues on procurement strategy, thinking, practices and behaviours and to ensure all recognise the importance of efficient and effective procurement;
- To establish and develop strong working relationships with customers and third party suppliers to ensure that the quality of service provision is consistently managed;
- To execute any/all due diligence, integration and improvement activities resulting from any group acquisition strategies and plans.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (if applicable, including finance and people):
- Develop annual KPI’s and financial targets for procurement; and proactively communicate this throughout the organization in order to build a strong positive perception of procurement and to build awareness and compliance to procurement practices.
- Develop/Implement category management and purchasing policies and procedures across all categories and across all group so that these activities are carried out efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Develop/Implement supplier relationship management standards, and monitor supplier and contract management processes to ensure all suppliers meet our ethical and compliance standards.
- Ensure contractual compliance with Sedex for the group and all suppliers;
- Ensure Budget compliance while maintaining quality of product;
- Manage and develop a high-performance team ensuring appropriate standards of quality, professionalism, customer satisfaction and best value are maintained.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to email@example.com or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 7 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.