Sales Manager - DIY
Are you looking to progress your career with a leading manufacturer, for over 50 years our client has been a global leader in manufacturing extruded thermoplastic sheets. Utilising this wealth of production and application experience, they’ve developed an extensive product offering that includes architectural panel systems and finished consumer products. The sheets, manufactured mainly from Polycarbonate and PVC, are designed to suit a diverse range of applications in various markets: DIY, construction, architectural projects, sign and display, agricultural, glazing, and fabrication. The company’s panel systems are offered as part of the advanced products and services bundle for the construction and architectural markets. A variety of finished-products are also marketed through distribution channels including DIY chain stores across the globe.
Due to continued growth, my client is now looking to appoint a Sales Manager – DIY, this role is tasked with driving new business and developing account spend through DIY chains and online / internet DIY channels.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be the first line of enquiry for all external sales processes and customer enquiries, promoting the company brand and creating great external sales relationships with your target markets.
- Develop and coordinate any new business opportunities through national DIY chains and with internet based partners and online oriented retailers.
- Responsibility to collect competitor information, for market awareness and to create up to date customer information.
- Negotiating sustainable, profitable pricing structures including maintenance and supply of price lists to new and existing customers.
- Promote a continuous improvement and development culture within the sales team.
- Lead by example and understand our commitment to delivering a safe working environment ensuring health & safety is met.
- Embrace the business’s Core Values (to be discussed)
- The ideal candidate will have experience selling to multi-site DIY retailers and/or On-line DIY retailers with knowledge of working, operating and buying processes.
- The client will consider candidates from any product background as they offer full training on their products and technologies.
- An ability to demonstrate sales growth through the routes to market is essential.
- Excellent learning and listening skills with the ability to make decisions and use own initiative
The role has huge growth potential and the right candidate proven to be successful can expect to progress within the organisation rapidly. Please apply by sending your C.V to retained consultant Martin Foley