Buyer - Beauty
The Buying and Merchandising division of Exsurgo is recruiting a Beauty Buyer for long term FTC for a desirable Retail Company based in West London.
The purpose of this role is to resource, recommend and buy an appropriate merchandise range for assigned departments to meet agreed sales, stock, mark-down and profit targets in line with the overall Company buying strategy and to provide secondary support to the Head of across all relevant functions.
- Communicating regularly with the brands to drive sales, opportunities, performance and all other commercial activity.
- Research, prepare and present product ranges to the Head of to meet the above, taking into account sales history, trends and space allocation to products and product seasonality.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of existing and potential suppliers and manufacturers at home and overseas and build successful relationships with suppliers through regular and effective communication.
- Ensure familiarity with the range and concepts of the department; demonstrate awareness of brands and products relevant to category. Keep up to date with relevant and emerging trends within the beauty category and bring new products to market.
- Resource, select, recommend and buy a commercial range of product within each area in accordance with agreed buying objectives.
- Establish and negotiate the best possible terms to provide planned gross margins and stock turn.
- Ensure that selected product meets overall strategic guidelines in terms of price and category mix.
- Manage the buy in for all new launch and seasonal orders.
- Regularly review each individual market, closely monitoring competitor’s activity and trends within product area.
- Work closely with the Head of and Merchandiser to review brand ranging across doors, making suggestions for change where required and arranging terms and Supplier systems setup at launch.
- Ideally be on one month or less notice period
- Must have experience in Beauty and have branded experience
- Must have been a Buyer for at least 5 years
- Must be able to commit to a long term contract
If you think you have the relevant skills for this position then please do apply!