Technical Manager - Food Manufacturing
Salary - Competitive
Location - Yorkshire
This role is working for a food manufacturer that supplies a wide range of products into the major retailers. The role is to lead the technical department of the food manufacturing site and associated depots, through partnership with stakeholders. This is a perfect opportunity for an individual who has serious ambitions to progress their career in technical and food safety.
Ensure department and personnel conform to health & safety legislation, policies and standards, initiating any required action so that the site is healthy and safe and free from accidents.
To implement and manage the quality management system to ensure that all relevant standards (eg BRC, AIB, HACCP) are achieved.
Ensure customer complaints procedure is adhered to. Investigate and review all complaints and implement corrective action to minimise / prevent recurrence.
To ensure a consistently high quality of products are achieved by conducting regular plant trials, carrying out product quality assessments and raw material checks.
Support the awareness of the importance of food quality for all employees.
To implement a training and development programme for Technical Assistants (where appropriate) to ensure ability to deputise is achieved.
Ensure that the necessary training on site at all levels is implemented including the technical understanding of the raw materials, production processes, Quality Management Systems, equipment and product assessment.
- Knowledge and experience of management in an FMCG environment.
- H&S/Food Safety systems & legislation knowledge e.g. Advanced Food Hygiene, IOSH - able to ensure a safe working environment.
- Knowledge and experience of bread making process, plant & technology.
- Knowledge of HR policies and the law in relation to the employment of people.
- Communicating skills - articulate/develops effective, long-term relationships with key people.
- Coaching and mentoring skills - takes responsibility for the training and coaching of others.
- Influencing & negotiating skills - maintains attention when speaking to groups of people/negotiates successful deals and purchases/develops persuasive arguments/demonstrates flexibility in influencing style.
- Analysing and problem solving skills - anticipates problems before they occur and takes steps to deal with them/correctly & swiftly identifies the underlying problem & finds appropriate solutions.
- Decision making skills - makes timely decisions/takes account of the wider risks & implications.
- Strategic thinking skills - develops strategy and long term plans and objectives for own area/re-designs processes & ways of working to meet long-term objectives.
- Management & leadership skills - develops and exciting vision which inspires others to perform/uses a range of management styles/deals effectively with performance issues/creates a sense of trust in the team.