Head of Operations
Wanted: Head of Operations
We’re a multi award-winning drinks and technology group on a mission to disrupt the industry in 3 different ways:
- On Master of Malt we’re building the most profoundly awesome end-to-end retail experience by empowering people who are fanatically focussed on delighting our customers with the best technology we can build.
- With ATOM Brands we’re creating a stable of internationally-acclaimed drinks brands unparalleled in their innovativeness and utterly uncompromising in their approach to the materials used and the quality of the liquid.
- Through Maverick Drinks we’re assembling the most interesting portfolio of craft brands in the industry, and challenging the ‘pay-to-play’ status quo with our open, no-nonsense approach to doing business.
In everything we do, we are disruptive innovators. It’s in our DNA to challenge orthodoxy and received wisdom wherever we encounter it.
All three of our business units - Master of Malt, Maverick Drinks, and ATOM Brands with its portfolio of internationally successful drinks brands, including Ableforth’s (Bathtub Gin), That Boutique-y Whisky Co, That Boutique-y Gin Co, The Blended Whisky Co, Origin Single Botanical Gin, The Handmade Cocktail Co, and Darkness! regularly win “all the awards” (seriously, Google us, it’s ridiculous).
We already turn over many tens of millions of pounds each year, and over the next 5 years we’re going to build a billion pound global group. We’re looking for remarkable people to join us on that journey.
You care deeply about building a modern, agile, efficient operations function, able to meet the demands of our rapidly growing global customer base and world-class brands.
You are astonishingly intelligent, tenacious and motivated. You live and breathe this stuff - it’s more than just a job - it’s your fucking calling.
Most companies think ops is just something that gets done in the background while the sales guys are out doing important deals and high-fiving over bottles Dom Perignon. You know different.
Operations is the living breathing heart of a well run company - it’s where the rubber meets the road - and coupling the latest technology with incredibly passionate, able people is how you win.
You’re disgusted at how bad a job most businesses do at this, and how badly they treat not just their customers, but their people. You want to be part of a company that does things differently, where you won’t be constrained by pointless rules at every turn.
You’ve had plenty of experience managing business functions at a head of or director level, you’ve seen what works and what doesn’t, and you’re itching to put those learnings into action. You will know how to build, engage and motivate a world-class team to achieve great things in a fast-paced, challenging marketplace.
You build a culture of continuous improvement, where people are safe to innovate and make mistakes in the service of progress. You have a strong sense of purpose and you foster the same in your reports.
You have a positive can-do attitude, you learn fast, and relish a challenge. You question things and need to understand them on a deep level. You get out of bed each morning excited to get cracking and make things better.
The work is challenging, interesting and important. You’ll join a passionate and dedicated team working hard to build something they love.
Reporting directly to the group managing director, you will be responsible for warehousing & fulfilment, manufacturing and production of our drinks brands, global logistics and customer service across the entire enterprise.
No stuffed shirts here. You’ll have the ear of our founders, and you will help shape our strategy – your views will count - you won’t just be another cog in some big corporate machine.
It’ll be hard work, but incredibly rewarding, and you’ll enjoy a lot of autonomy in your task. You can truly make a difference here.
The rewards are significant. We want you to do the best work of your life. Your salary will ultimately be driven by the value you add to the business - if you do great work, you’ll earn great money and it’ll keep increasing as we recognise and reward your contribution.
Our best people become stakeholders. If you’re world class, you’ll get a piece of the action.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
- Run operations across the enterprise.
- Recruit and develop a world-class team to meet the needs of our rapidly growing business.
- Design and implement an in-house training program to upskill your people.
- Live and breathe our culture and values.
- Provide regular analysis and report on departmental KPIs
The successful candidate will:
- Have significant relevant experience managing at a head of or director level.
- Be extremely energetic, intelligent, dynamic, friendly, innovative and personable.
- Put the team and the company first.
- Be an excellent communicator across all media.
- Have strong logical, analytical and lateral thinking skills.
- Be very comfortable with IT, including specifying, procuring and deploying IT systems, and managing IT projects.
- Have experience working in a fast-paced technology business
It would be great if you have:
- Experience managing a customer service department
- Experience with international import/export logistics
- Experience managing a production function
- Experience managing a fulfilment centre
- Experience operating a bonded facility
- A good understanding of lean manufacturing principles (kaizen and all that jazz)
- A good understanding of UK and international alcohol duty and VAT.
- Experience dealing with HMRC.
- Significant experience shipping alcohol (under bond) to ROW destinations and a detailed knowledge of the paperwork, export and import processes involved.
Interested? Please apply to HR@atomsupplies.com