Due to an internal promotion, this is a pivotal role within a fast paced and complex business and will have heavy responsibility within the first 12-18mths. The business is a large own label food company that offers a diverse portfolio of products and is very strong when it comes to delivering NPD and innovation to the market and customers.
You will people management responsibility for a team of 5 technologists and will deliver new product development, renovation and cost saving projects within cross functional teams. You will require excellent project management skills managing a high number of projects at any one time ensuring these are delivered to the appropriate business standards and within the company’s Quality registration. Maintain awareness of food trends in new finished products and ingredients and recommend opportunities for innovations within the product portfolio.
The successful candidate will have the following criteria:-
- Significant NPD and project management experience within the Food Industry
- People management experience is essential
- A good understanding of the commercial dimensions of NPD in order to operate effectively and with understanding across the business interfaces whilst managing the delivery of the NPD project
- Strong technical understanding with proven interpersonal and influencing skills achieving results through others
- Sound decision making and problem-solving skills
- Food science / technology degree or equivalent
The company offers an exciting opportunity to lead the NPD agenda in the short-term and support the Senior NPD Manager on high profile projects the business needs to deliver. The role comes with a competitive salary plus a car or car allowance and bonus.
Due to high volume advert responses, if you do not receive acknowledgment or a reply to your application within 14 days – please feel free to follow up although it is likely that your application has been unsuccessful. If this is the case, please continue reviewing vacancies with Henson Recruitment moving forward.